Sunday, July 16: Orioles vs Marlins

86this

Just now, dystopia said:

I don’t care that he made an out. It was moronic to pitch to him. 

I disagree because right behind him is Jorge Soler who happens to have 24 home runs.  Miami is not some pushover team.  O's played quite well against a good team until that last inning.

Two main observations from the game.

1. The trade deadline should be about one thing. Getting quality relief.

2 I know it's early but I haven't been impressed with Cowser's fielding and his bat doesn't seem major league ready yet.

Just now, Bemorewins said:

If this game isn’t evidence that we don’t have a good bullpen minus 2 and 1/2 guys, I don’t know what is. 

Baker is pretty good.  The obvious problem is the health of Givens and Tate.  We need at least one additional reliever in addition to an effective Grayson.  Or we need a another starter + Grayson and push one or two of Kremer/Irvin/Gibson to the bullpen.  

1 minute ago, Uli2001 said:

They needed every one of those five runs. Good lesson, it ain't over till it's over.

I hope that it’s a lesson for Hyde because that was some serious arrogance to bring Bazardo into that spot. It was almost like he was daring the Marlins to put up a fight.

• Confused 1