Tuesday, July 18: Orioles try to even series with Dodgers

SteveA

Just now, Gurgi said:

Yeah the complaining about the rookies is funny.  I thought in the offseason everyone was excited to break them all in this year.  Lots of us didnt want Frazier and wanted Westburg or Norby or Ortiz to break camp at second.  I thought this was the year of the rookie to be honest and was expecting lots of these kids to come up.  Now everyone is crying they suck after like 30 abs.   People are forgetting that Henderson struggled this year.  Cal Ripken sucked mega bad his first two month.  Yet there irs no way for a rookie to get MLB experience without actually playing up here.  

I am kind of surprised people dont realize this.  People are even screaming about GreyRod's last game.  Which was really quite improved out team just did not support him.  

People are understandably focused on results. But there is a lot of luck involved in the game and it’s more important to look at the big picture than someone’s batting average.

Just ask Austin Hays this year with his .380 BABIP.

A player’s approach at the plate, their ability to identify pitches and swing at strikes are things that indicate probability of future success.