Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s on pace to be a 2+ WAR player and worth up to 20M this year.

That's the single most charitable take possible.  LOL.

BWAR has him under 1 WAR with 75% of the season played so not according to BWAR.

And since when has a win been worth 10 mil?

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

BWAR has him under 1 WAR with 75% of the season played so not according to BWAR.

A win was worth $8 million several seasons ago.  It wouldn't surprise me if it's actually a little more than $10 million now.

Just now, Pickles said:

I think what the Cardinals got back in the trade says it all.   SG wanted DeJong to replace Mateo last spring.  Two wrongs don’t make a right!   Lol

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I would think they would have been "considering" Cease from the jump. They're considering everybody to some degree. 

A report came out that the White Sox are taking calls for Cease. This hack immediately jumps out and takes a team in the market for a starter who has the assets to get Cease and puts two and two together in hopes of randomly being correct and gaining Twitter followers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I have to think a Cease deal would have to include two of Mayo, Kjerstad, or Westburg plus a prospect or two further down the food chain. It would hurt to be sure. 

Here's my completely uneducated guess:   Cowser, Norby, Ortiz and 1 more down the food chain.