Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Why would anyone put the Dodgers on a no trade clause?  I can see Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Oakland, KC, Colorado, Toronto, Pittsburg, Cleveland, Cincinatti and the Marlins.

But LA Dodgers?  Oh hell no.  I would put them on a list like Atlanta and Houston to go to in a hot minute.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Here we go...

This is pretty consistent with what a lot of us have thought for a bit now. If Meansy resembles his pre-surgery self, he may be a rotation option in a couple of weeks. I wouldn't feel great about giving up any of the top 15 prospects for someone who wouldn't outperform John Means coming off of TJ but I think they have to make A move for a pitcher. Meansy would be a nice-to-have but I'd consider it a failure of the club if they don't make a move because of the potential of him occupying a rotation spot this year. Irresponsible would be the nice way of putting it. 

Edited by banks703

2 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Certainly seems like this is progressing. Will be disappointing as he was the one I've thought was the most realistic with upside for a while.

Why would the Dodgers be on somebody's no trade list? Does he hate year round great weather? Winning? Now that I think about it maybe so.  I guess it would explain why he went to Detroit. 

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Why would anyone put the Dodgers on a no trade clause?  I can see Tampa Bay, Baltimore, Oakland, KC, Colorado, Toronto, Pittsburg, Cleveland, Cincinatti and the Marlins.

But LA Dodgers?  Oh hell no.  I would put them on a list like Atlanta and Houston to go to in a hot minute.  

Yeah, I kind of found this odd as well. 

Just now, Gurgi said:

Lots of the time they’re just trying to guess which teams are most likely to want to trade for them.

Coming into the season, it was pretty obvious that teams like PIT, OAK, KC, etc. would never have wanted to trade for ERod — so it would have been pointless to use up a spot on them on a limited list like that.

By correctly guessing that the day might come when the Dodgers would be interested in trading for him, he can now finagle some sort of benefit out of either LAD or DET in order to get him to agree to the deal.

2 minutes ago, vab said:

Why would the Dodgers be on somebody's no trade list? Does he hate year round great weather? Winning? Now that I think about it maybe so.  I guess it would explain why he went to Detroit. 

Isn't he from Venezuela? Further flight? 

18 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

I know it is crazy but if the O's are in on Verlander, would we have any interest in Pete Alonso being included in the deal? Maybe we include Mountcastle on our end?

Mets are hedging their bets and dumping salary. They're not fully rebuilding. Alonso isn't on the trade market, and neither is Nimmo or Lindor. The Mets entire idea is to free up some money from the luxury tax and plan to reload from the freed up money in the offseason.