Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

13 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

To go along with what others said, there PROBABLY is more to the story.  But don't bet on the rest of the story making John Angelos look any better in the situation.  Angelos could have had a bone to pick with Kevin Brown for other (similarly petty reasons) and this was the ill-timed excuse for him to take action. 

I am sure it will come out at some point, especially if Kevin Brown isn't long for this team.  

Like Frobby and others have mentioned, losing streaks have been mentioned on air before.  Other commentators have been far more critical of the team in the past.  I don't see a work environment where our announcers (including Kevin Brown) seem to perform as if they are walking on egg shells.  So there is more to the story.  Or maybe not.  Maybe John Angelos was six martinis deep in his owner's suite, upset over who knows what else and Brown was just the outlet for his aggression. 

Right, that's where I am.

Others on both MASN and 105.7 have been critical of the team.

Jason LaConfora has eviscerated the front office for the slowness in bringing up prospects.  He now works for MASN.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

What a bunch of people getting their panties upset !!   I have not seen ANY proof of a fact in this entire thread.  Third hand rumors by people who have no way of knowing anything are repeated and taken as facts. ............. As for that announcer, he was poor in my opinion. I don't think he added to the game- rather he was trying to interject his style and personality into it. He might have been asked to change his style, and caused an issue or pushbacked.  He does NOT have a entitled right to someone elses money and a paycheck.

Nice to hear from you, John. 

Not to belabor the point but I must react to a post I saw further up the board.  After digging around in this yesterday, I do not believe Peter Angelos owns the O's anymore.  Peter is believed to be non compos mentis.  Before he was incapacitated he created a family trust.  No one knows how the trust is structured other than the family and their lawyers.  What we do know from Louis Angelos' lawsuit is that Mrs Angelos controls the trust, full stop.  Louis filed suit to challenge that but settled for control of the law firm.  The trust controls Orioles Limited Partnership, the principal partner being the family trust, not Peter Angelos.  

As long as Mrs. Angelos is alive I don't think the O's are going anywhere.  Mrs. Angelos is clearly devoted to her husband's wishes to keep the O's in the family and in Baltimore.  Louis dropped his challenge to control of the partnership, so as long as mom favors John, he effectively runs the team.  

22 minutes ago, AlbNYfan said:

Laughingstock team with huge payroll, in last place by 12.5 games behind the Orioles blast that team over play-by play controversy.

It is hard for me to believe there isn't more to this story (I could be very wrong here). If JA truly did base his suspension on that comment alone then, something wrong with the man. People in any business do not survive very long with that kind of trigger finger.

I mentioned this earlier but there has to be something personal that JA has against Brown for this to make any sense. Not that it would be a justification by any stretch, but it would at least be an explanation, because right now JA is acting like someone who just broke out of the loony bin. 

It's weird. Everywhere you read this year people are pulling for the Orioles, why do something dumb like this over a small thing. Wasn't even a bad comment. JA has done a good job staying out of the light this season and have the focus on the team and not his family which was big focus in the off season. Well that's now screwed. 

10 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Right, that's where I am.

Others on both MASN and 105.7 have been critical of the team.

Jason LaConfora has eviscerated the front office for the slowness in bringing up prospects.  He now works for MASN.  

You do realize "eviscerating" the front office moves vs going after ownership has two different reactions from John Angelos, right? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Justinlstn said:

It's weird. Everywhere you read this year people are pulling for the Orioles, why do something dumb like this over a small thing. Wasn't even a bad comment. JA has done a good job staying out of the light this season and have the focus on the team and not his family which was big focus in the off season. Well that's now screwed. 

Cause he's a dim-witted moron.