Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

5 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I'm still having a hard time believing that everything was fine with Brown until this incident and then he was indefinitely suspended. The reason I have a hard time believing it is because, if true, then the owner of this team is not just petty, not just tone-deaf, not just (to borrow another poster's term) a scumbag. No, if this story is true exactly as reported, then the owner of the team is *insane*, stupid on a level that goes well beyond baseball or anything that you could say about 100 other owners who have been bad at their jobs. 

If this incident is the entire reason they suspended their lead broadcaster in the heat of a pennant race, then there is nothing left for anyone to say. The team is being run by an imbecile. I'm talking Marge Schott minus six. If that's who we are dealing with here, then there's no point in arguing about it or telling the Orioles what they should do or anything else. No one should even reply to this thread anymore, because if the owner happens to come across it, either he will be incapable of reading it, or will respond by building a new stadium made out of graham crackers. If this story is true, then if I was Angelos's doctor I would get him in for a court-ordered psychological assessment immediately.  

I mean, to be fair John Angelos is behaving exactly like I'd expect a trust fund baby / petulant child to behave. Some of the worst human beings I've met in my life come from inherited money because they weren't raised in anything close to the world in which the rest of us live.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Of course John, and mean this poster, knows who she is. :D

John didn't know who Dan Connolly was even though he has covered the team for years. You must not be from here but let me open up the books. Roch also had no such knowledge of this person. But that is what happens with that thingy from Men in Black.

5 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Imagine the JA sized ego you've gotta have in order to want to discredit a website simply because YOU haven't heard of it.

Especially one that is extremely popular and has been around for almost 20 years. 

Edited by lovetoaster

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I hate that this team is getting overshadowed by all of this but I love that ownership is getting crushed. It’s beautiful. 

I just wish the media would stop saying the Orioles and say Angelos. At least Kay did that.

How sad.  The team is in first place and "fans" want to find something to bitch about.

This will not affect the on-field product one bit - feel free to worry about it, but its a waste of worry if you ask me. We've had a bad owner for as long as most people can remember at this point, and its never affected the team (on the rare occasions when a good team is actually on the field) as far as anyone knows.  Having a bad owner could and probably will affect this team long term because he's cheap, but it won't affect this year's team on the field.

They may very well lose tonight, and they may lose this series - they're playing the defending WS champs after all - but it will have zero to do with this.  And any player who is asked about it can simply reply w/ some version of 'that's not my jurisdiction/problem/concern' and be done with it.  Half the reporters they talk to won't ask anyway considering they're employed by MASN.  If anything, this is more a distraction for the Geoff Arnolds and Melanie Newmans of the world, than it is for Adley and Gunnar et al.

5 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

And what is their source?  What is your standard for corroboration?  Do you really really think that AA was the first one to have inside sources and information on details of the Orioles?    By the way,  have you noticed what these terrible owners have build the Oriole team up to?  Are we in first place or not?

Do you really want to talk about team results under the Angelos family?

Edited by lovetoaster

9 minutes ago, crawjo said:

I'm still having a hard time believing that everything was fine with Brown until this incident and then he was indefinitely suspended. The reason I have a hard time believing it is because, if true, then the owner of this team is not just petty, not just tone-deaf, not just (to borrow another poster's term) a scumbag. No, if this story is true exactly as reported, then the owner of the team is *insane*, stupid on a level that goes well beyond baseball or anything that you could say about 100 other owners who have been bad at their jobs. 

If this incident is the entire reason they suspended their lead broadcaster in the heat of a pennant race, then there is nothing left for anyone to say. The team is being run by an imbecile. I'm talking Marge Schott minus six. If that's who we are dealing with here, then there's no point in arguing about it or telling the Orioles what they should do or anything else. No one should even reply to this thread anymore, because if the owner happens to come across it, either he will be incapable of reading it, or will respond by building a new stadium made out of graham crackers. If this story is true, then if I was Angelos's doctor I would get him in for a court-ordered psychological assessment immediately.  

Not to get too speculative and clinical...

But we now know that John comes from a DEEPLY dysfunctional family. He likely has a fair amount of family-of-origin related issues that are very common for someone living in that sort of environment. Through that lense, it's not difficult to see how someone can become over-the-top insecure in response to anything that could possibly be perceived as a slight to his legacy.

Given his and his Father's track record, I don't find it hard to believe in the slightest.

2 minutes ago, lovetoaster said:

Especially one that has is extremely popular and has been around for almost 20 years. 

Exactly.

1 minute ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

How sad.  The team is in first place and "fans" want to find something to bitch about.

I think you've done your fair share of bitching here, too.

4 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

And what is their source?  What is your standard for corroboration?  Do you really really think that AA was the first one to have inside sources and information on details of the Orioles?    By the way,  have you noticed what these terrible owners have build the Oriole team up to?  Are we in first place or not?

Do you know what the word naive means?

4 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

You are again showing you do not understand how journalism works.  Journalists do not corroborate sources - that is how they keep them as sources... 

I think he/she is showing they don’t know how anything works, much less journalism.

3 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

What about laying the blame at John Angelos' feet for giving the fans something to "bitch" about when the team is in first place.  This is entirely, 100% a mess of ownership's own making. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2001OriolesFan said:

So this is all "fake news" huh? And from where I'm sitting we're in first place in spite of John Angelos, not because of him. This isn't an isolated incident. It's a continued pattern of petty douchebaggery. 

• Upvote 1