Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

13 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Cringe worthy...yes.   Juvenile...yup.   But, did anyone get offended by that type of remark?   It was purely a joke, albeit a very bad one.

Maybe the powers that be thought that would scare off people from buying tickets to the Splash Zone. Just guessing.

41 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

I don't know man, internet trolls love getting on other people's nerves, for no reason whatsoever.  It's where they get their jollies in their sad, sad lives. 

If he was part of the John Angelos Sleeper Cell, he was certainly playing the long game.  His profile says that he signed up on the board a little more than a year ago, and had made about a hundred posts since then prior to today. 

So if that were true, how many other accounts here have been signed up for at least a year, averaging a post every three or four days?  We have several legit lurkers that would have their box checked by those criteria.

Simplest explanation is that he's a troll, and saw his biggest opportunity for trolling people on this board since he signed up a year ago... and like Cookie Monster in the Keebler factory, he just couldn't resist and went nuts. 

Much less likely that John Angelos is maintaining an army of trolls standing ready to do his bidding in various O's fan spaces.  Although after the last 24 hours (and really, the last 24 years), I certainly couldn't put the chances at zero 😆

Yes I hope you are right and it is just a troll.  I will NEVER understand that troll motivation.  Great post though!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Cringe worthy...yes.   Juvenile...yup.   But, did anyone get offended by that type of remark?   It was purely a joke, albeit a very bad one.

True. Just because I said it was cringe worthy does not mean I think he should have been suspended for it. Just saying that was the one comment I remember him making that made me go, "Whoa man, you're talking about paying customers there." 

1 minute ago, rm5678 said:

Anyone have a link to the video from that?

Find the game where he went into the splash zone. I believe Ben went in first then he did. His was very uncomfortable the entire time. I can't remember the game though.

Again, I have no idea if this is one of the events Drew was talking about, but it's the one that I remember.

2 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Find the game where he went into the splash zone. I believe Ben went in first then he did. His was very uncomfortable the entire time. I can't remember the game though.

Again, I have no idea if this is one of the events Drew was talking about, but it's the one that I remember.

That was June 30. Because I took a picture of Ben out there with his Coors Light haha. 

And yeah, that wallet line made me pause too. I get that he was trying to be funny, but not everybody is going to think that is funny. 

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm listening to ESPN radio.  Kevin Brown suspension is a hot topic of discussion.  One of the hosts said someone should lose their job over this.  I definitely agree.  If JA didn't make the decision he created the environment where this was the right "decision" to make.

Problem is, the owner can’t lose his job.

2 minutes ago, rm5678 said:

Maybe the powers that be thought that would scare off people from buying tickets to the Splash Zone. Just guessing.

I doubt it, but personally, I think he was trying to be funny and just came off as a little bit demeaning to the folks out there. Like they were the lower class and would steal his stuff. I doubt he meant it that way, but I could see how it could have been taken that way by someone.