Tuesday, August 29: Dean Kremer goes for win #13 vs White Sox

SteveA

24 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Cowser did nothing when he came up to MLB and he hasn't been good since he got sent back down.  Fangraphs and a couple others have been critical of him for awhile now.  Not saying he won't figure it out but it's silly to think he's a lock for taking over for Anthony Santander to start next season.

Cowser did nothing so we should just write off his career.  This is why Elias makes these decisions and not any of us here at the Hangout.  Thank God!  I like Santander but these guys are going to try to get max back from him.  If they can’t I guess they will wait.

29 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Cowser did nothing when he came up to MLB and he hasn't been good since he got sent back down.  Fangraphs and a couple others have been critical of him for awhile now.  Not saying he won't figure it out but it's silly to think he's a lock for taking over for Anthony Santander to start next season.

How has Cowser “not been good” since going back to Norfolk? That’s just not even true, if you have given up on him because of what he showed in the majors, just say that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

Cowser did nothing so we should just write off his career.  This is why Elias makes these decisions and not any of us here at the Hangout.  Thank God!  I like Santander but these guys are going to try to get max back from him.  If they can’t I guess they will wait.

I never came close to suggesting we should write off Cowser's career -- what I did say, clearly, is that he should not be a lock to start for Santander at the beginning of next season.  If anything Elias has been biased in favor of veterans -- especially the ones who are key to their current ways of winning.