Tuesday, August 29: Dean Kremer goes for win #13 vs White Sox

SteveA

7 minutes ago, 86this said:

He's done so many.  It's like once a week now!

He has gotten so comfortable speaking English that Q barely is needed. It is impressive. If I lived in another country I don’t know how well I would pick up another language.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This is why I don't trust him. Some nights Fuji is on like yesterday and then there are outings like this where he has nothing.

Fuji is still raw as a pitcher and he's more of a thrower.

You can be a thrower who unleashes 103mph fastballs and flame out in the major leagues. And you can be a pitcher whose speed is in the mid-80's and have a 20-year career.

13 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

We might win 100 games.   And I think only five. Oriole teams have won 100 games.  69,70,71,79,80

Imagine if this team wins 100?  What an unreal year we are having.  

They weren't supposed to be this good this fast. Most of their prospects aren't even up yet or are just getting started like Gunnar and Grayson. I was expecting 2024 to be the year where they really took off.

7 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

How has Cowser “not been good” since going back to Norfolk? That’s just not even true, if you have given up on him because of what he showed in the majors, just say that.

He hits the ball hard for sure, but 16 strikeouts in 40 at bats in the month of August is not good.  It's not that I have given up on him but the idea that he's close to taking over for Santander is nuts.  

19 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

We might win 100 games.   And I think only five. Oriole teams have won 100 games.  69,70,71,79,80

Imagine if this team wins 100?  What an unreal year we are having.  

My prediction of 104 still stands. It will take going 21-9, i.e., .700 ball, the rest of the way. I think they are capable of it. Unless TB fades down the stretch and they take the foot off the pedal.

14 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

My prediction of 104 still stands. It will take going 21-9, i.e., .700 ball, the rest of the way. I think they are capable of it. Unless TB fades down the stretch and they take the foot off the pedal.

It’s becoming more possible every day. Particularly if the Sox and Guardians continue to lose and are close to or eliminated by the time we play them. Have 11 games left just against those 2 teams.

9 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I know that's good, but I like it when the Orioles outplay their Pythagorean record and baseball writers write blog posts about how the O's aren't really "that good".

I swear a couple baseball writers were visibly angry in 2012 claiming the Orioles were going to crash in the second half because they had a suspect Pythagorean record much of the season.

Yeah, I don't subscribe to that theory too much. There are a lot of factors that go into the amount of runs you score and give up. Overall I understand the concept of if you give up the same amount of runs as you score it equates to a .500 win percentage, but it's only a very generic tool.

BTW, the Orioles W-L Pythagorean is now 76-56 which would still be the 2nd best record in the AL behind the Rays.

On 8/29/2023 at 8:33 PM, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

They weren't supposed to be this good this fast. Most of their prospects aren't even up yet or are just getting started like Gunnar and Grayson. I was expecting 2024 to be the year where they really took off.

Me too.  I've got several passwords that attest to that too :D