Wednesday, September 6: Orioles go for sweep in last West Coast game of regular season

SteveA

14 minutes ago, Beysbol said:

I loved the city when I was younger, but now at almost 40, I LOVE the country and would love to move to Western Montana and have a house with no one around. That's my dream! 

I just visited Montana last week. Bitterroot Valley in the SW corner. My aunt has lived there the past 35 years or so. 
IMG_9216.thumb.jpeg.bd2bc2e66284944a6862676d60dd9dce.jpegIMG_9172.thumb.jpeg.9b9f738cacae2b8130250efc42194da1.jpegIMG_9163.thumb.jpeg.25998b3a62b73831091d72f9aba3f277.jpeg

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dunk35 said:

Gunnar needs a night off against lefties. 

The issue you have is do you want to sit Gunnar or Frazier against lefties? At least sitting Frazier, Westburg plays 2B vs 3B where he's better.

But, it certainly would not hurt to give him a game off occasionally against tough lefties. 

6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

The issue you have is do you want to sit Gunnar or Frazier against lefties? At least sitting Frazier, Westburg plays 2B vs 3B where he's better.

But, it certainly would not hurt to give him a game off occasionally against tough lefties. 

Keep that same lineup as last night except swap Gunnar with Westburg. All righty lineup which could hinder you late in the game but I still hate to see Gunnar getting so frustrated with the Left on Left matchup. 

21 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

Keep that same lineup as last night except swap Gunnar with Westburg. All righty lineup which could hinder you late in the game but I still hate to see Gunnar getting so frustrated with the Left on Left matchup. 

Crap, forgot about Urias. You're right, Urias could move to 3B and Westburg goes to 2B.

Saying that, I think they are trying to get him as many PAs against lefties as possible to just get him more comfortable. He's going to have nights last night on occasion, especially against a lefty, but might as well get him those PAs against bad teams where they could probably afford him not having a good night. 

He's improved a bit against the southpaws with more PAs this year so I expect that it will continue unless it's against a tough opponent lefty. Still, he's got a ways to go to go rid of his platoon split.