What team do you hope we avoid in the ALDS?

Sports Guy

Which team to avoid in ALDS?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which team do you hope to avoid in Round 1 of the ALDS?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/06/23 at 18:36

Has to be the Astros. They've been there and know how to win deep into the post season. Seattle is good, but just as young and dumb as we are. Plus they're famous for choking. I wouldn't love to play the Rangers, but of the 3 teams out of the west, I'd choose to play them if I could. Wouldn't love playing Tampa, even as injured as they are. They can still pitch like crazy. Would love to bash the hell out of Toronto in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I don't really fear any team...but I picked Toronto.   We owned them during the season...those things seem to find a way to even out.

Vladdy is heating up too.

My gut reaction is the defending title holder.  But how sweet would it be for Elias to bump his former team?  Texes is second IMO.

I'm not sure and it feels like a question I shouldn't spend much time considering. Not because there isn't value to the conversation, or opinions aren't valid -- they are -- but more so because in my fandom body of work I have had a tendency to agonize over it a bit too much.

Chalk it up to either not being very evolved in this way or not having enough post-season experience as a fan. Sometimes I contemplate how watching a team closely along their journey to winning it all provides new perspective the next time. We obviously don't have that here to fall back on.

Getting there is what is most important. Every team has a shot once the playoffs start. The Os are going to have to play whoever is on their path and hopefully the outcome won't depend on the matchup. I realize though this may be a coping mechanism. Either that, or I have been subtly radicalized by my Budhist In-laws.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

I don't really fear any team...but I picked Toronto.   We owned them during the season...those things seem to find a way to even out.

This is a great point actually. We were 1-5 against the Tigers in 2014 before the playoffs. Would be interesting to see data on this. 

Torn between the Blue Jays and Rangers but chose the Rangers.  Difference for me is having Josh Jung back. 

Rays are just too banged up, both pitching and hitting, to last through this last week and then have anything left for the postseason.  Mariners are too inconsistent.  Astros got something going wrong, not sure what the heck but there's something wrong there.  

• Upvote 1