Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

1 minute ago, Sanity Check said:

Seems like most were wrong based on the early results.

Jackson's spring training wasn't horrible.....batted .311, mostly leadoff if I recall correctly.  Maybe just put him in the leadoff spot and see if that might trigger something from him.  I can't really get any worse, right?

I was thinking about this to potentially try for Tuesday. In stead of him sitting around for a couple of innings, stewing on his struggles, maybe get in the box out of the gate? It won't hurt to try for a game or 2 before we decide to send him down.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We face two lefties so maybe just one more start.

Right, good call. So he can basically chill on the bench this series, get one more start while his Dad's visiting, and then I think he'll be optioned before the Oakland series. 

6 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Seems like most were wrong based on the early results.

Jackson's spring training wasn't horrible.....batted .311, mostly leadoff if I recall correctly.  Maybe just put him in the leadoff spot and see if that might trigger something from him.  I can't really get any worse, right?

Yea because we should always make proclamations after 30 at bats.  SMFH

19 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's not an apples-to-apples thing with pitchers. They can go down and work on mechanical issues and the results do not matter. If they are getting torched on the ML team, it causes losses. Holliday is not causing the team to lose.

There are no mechanical aspects to hitting?

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

Judge struck out in 44% of his plate appearances as a Rookie when the Yankees brought him up. The next year he destroyed the baseball.

So you are saying that Holliday’s career isn’t over?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

There are no mechanical aspects to hitting?

Not surprised you don't see the difference. GRod giving up 8 runs in 2 innings directly impacts the team. Holliday going 0-4 does not. There are 8 other guys scoring nearly 6 runs a game. Holliday is not costing the team losses.

1 minute ago, Malike said:

I'd give him 150 ABs. I believe in the talent and he's not causing the team to lose games. 

This is where I am.  While it's frustrating to watch him, we're scoring the most runs in the league and we're winning games so we can be patient with him.  

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

Not surprised you don't see the difference. GRod giving up 8 runs in 2 innings directly impacts the team. Holliday going 0-4 does not. There are 8 other guys scoring nearly 6 runs a game. Holliday is not costing the team losses.

This has nothing to do with Holliday.

I took issue with the idea that guys can't learn and improve at AAA.

I'm not surprised you can't see the difference.  

2 minutes ago, Malike said:

I'd give him 150 ABs. I believe in the talent and he's not causing the team to lose games. 

I would too, but I think the team will do whatever they can to avoid historically bad numbers to start a year, which he is already approaching. Whether or not that's the right thing to do, I don't know, but it's not like they are going to let him go 1-50. They just aren't. They won't let the media run with an easily quotable number that like. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, interloper said:

I would too, but I think the team will do whatever they can to avoid historically bad numbers to start a year, which he is already approaching. Whether or not that's the right thing to do, I don't know, but it's not like they are going to let him for 1-50. They just aren't. 

I think the posters here are more emotionally fragile about his start to the season than he is to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Pickles said:

This has nothing to do with Holliday.

I took issue with the idea that guys can't learn and improve at AAA.

I'm not surprised you can't see the difference.  

If it has nothing to do with Holliday, why is it in this thread and why did you reply to my post that was about Holliday?