Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

5 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

It's a message board.  People express their opinions.

You honestly think that means dying on the wall for someone?

You need to get out more.

You defended Trevor Bauer some much yesterday I was starting to think that you were actually him or his brother or agent.

Then when I asked you serious questions about how that would affect the brand and business of the Orioles …… crickets 🦗 🦗

39 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Of course there are exceptions to anything.

I am talking the law of averages.   For an infielder to get elbow inflammation as a 20 year old is highly unusual. 

Tell that to Atlanta Braves minor league prospect Dave McCabe who is recovering from Tommy John surgery.  https://www.si.com/mlb/braves/news/david-mccabe-recovering-from-tommy-john-surgery

Just now, Bemorewins said:

You defended Trevor Bauer some much yesterday I was starting to think that you were actually him or his brother or agent.

Then when I asked you serious questions about how that would affect the brand and business of the Orioles …… crickets 🦗 🦗

I never saw that post, but I don't think it would affect the brand and business of the Os at all.  Not one bit.

Watch the videos I posted.  His coaches and teammates seem to really like him.  Which is all that matters.,  He throws 98 MPH with movement and CARES about being good again.  Which is all that matters.  Do you think GH or a AR cares about anything but winning? 

Do you honestly think the average Os fan who goes to a game even knows who he is at this point?  (not that he has ever been charged with anything mind you-although in your eyes just being accused means a lot).   Which makes your case even weaker. 

2 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

Tell that to Atlanta Braves minor league prospect Dave McCabe who is recovering from Tommy John surgery.  https://www.si.com/mlb/braves/news/david-mccabe-recovering-from-tommy-john-surgery

Do you know what the word exception means?

Here I will help....

a person or thing that is excluded from a general statement or does not follow a rule.

9 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I never saw that post, but I don't think it would affect the brand and business of the Os at all.  Not one bit.

Watch the videos I posted.  His coaches and teammates seem to really like him.  Which is all that matters.,  He throws 98 MPH with movement and CARES about being good again.  Which is all that matters.  Do you think GH or a AR cares about anything but winning? 

Do you honestly think the average Os fan who goes to a game even knows who he is at this point?  (not that he has ever been charged with anything mind you-although in your eyes just being accused means a lot).   Which makes your case even weaker. 

How about this? Let’s try actually going to the stadium. I will be there again on Sunday. And have been many times this year.

What do you see when you go or travel around town? The Orioles brand is surging and on the rise in this market. It’s the best it’s been in years (at least a decade). Just look at the 25+ percent increase in attendance from last year’s 101 win season.

Why would David Rubenstein risk that kind of goodwill and capital (when trying to rebuild the brand and fanbase) by making a very controversial move as his first official move as owner?

Why wouldn’t/shouldn’t we just acquire a good/great current MLB pitcher who has no baggage and wouldn’t potentially be a distraction?

Yes the average fan will care! Do you go to games? They have this thing called Google.

22 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Do you have any idea how many players there were during that time from the minors and majors?  1000s and 1000s.  And how many were catchers?

Your comparison is inconsequential mathematically.

And I don't give a flying **** about any of those non pitchers or catchers.  What I do care about is the face he was #1 and #1.   Who now is 20 years old, has an elbow injury, could barely throw to first base when he was with the Os, and looked like a HS kid playing against major league players when at bat. 

He has already lost a lot of value trade wise.  All I am saying is if the Os don't think he will every be anything special, which as the 1 and 1 you should be?

You trade him. 

Major and Minor Leaguers combined?  Approximately 5,750 per year.   

26 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Do you have any idea how many players there were during that time from the minors and majors?  1000s and 1000s.  And how many were catchers?

Your comparison is inconsequential mathematically.

And I don't give a flying **** about any of those non pitchers or catchers.  What I do care about is the face he was #1 and #1.   Who now is 20 years old, has an elbow injury, could barely throw to first base when he was with the Os, and looked like a HS kid playing against major league players when at bat. 

He has already lost a lot of value trade wise.  All I am saying is if the Os don't think he will every be anything special, which as the 1 and 1 you should be?

You trade him. 

You have said a lot of really stupid things on here but this post ranks way up there.

This is like the Kato Kaelin of posts.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

You have said a lot of really stupid things on here but this post ranks way up there.

This is like the Kato Kaelin of posts.

That is fine.   Again, please list all of these IF's and OF's at age 20 that have had elbow issues.  Because apparently you and B Robinson believe it is a pandemic of elbow's falling apart.  Just a very common thing. 

I will wait patiently for the list.....

9 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

How about this? Let’s try actually going to the stadium. I will be there again on Sunday. And have been many times this year.

What do you see when you go or travel around town? The Orioles brand is surging and on the rise in this market. It’s the best it’s been in years (at least a decade). Just look at the 25+ percent increase in attendance from last year’s 101 win season.

Why would David Rubenstein risk that kind of goodwill and capital (when trying to rebuild the brand and fanbase) by making a very controversial move as his first official move as owner?

Why wouldn’t/shouldn’t we just acquire a good/great current MLB pitcher who has no baggage and wouldn’t potentially be a distraction?

Yes the average fan will care! Do you go to games? They have this thing called Google.

I live in S Cal.  

Just now, OnlyOneOriole said:

That is fine.   Again, please list all of these IF's and OF's at age 20 that have had elbow issues.  Because apparently you and B Robinson believe it is a pandemic of elbow's falling apart.  Just a very common thing. 

I will wait patiently for the list.....

I never said that. But elbow tendinitis is fairly common and Holliday is likely doing a lot of drills to improve arm strength, so he may be putting more stress on his elbow than normal.

Acting like this is some conspiracy or something like that is stupid. 

He just has an injury, that’s it.  

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I never said that. But elbow tendinitis is fairly common and Holliday is likely doing a lot of drills to improve arm strength, so he may be putting more stress on his elbow than normal.

Acting like this is some conspiracy or something like that is stupid. 

He just has an injury, that’s it.  

He had an elbow injury and he looked like a middle schooler playing against college kids when he was up here.  Not athletic. 

As a 1 and 1?  That is a concern.  A major red flag.  That is all I am saying.