Jackson Holliday 2024

btdart20

It’s hard to watch him hit right now. It’s like when pitchers used to hit in the 9 spot. Almost an automatic out. Hopefully he gets it going soon. He’s struggling in the field a little bit too which adds to it all. 

This is either physical (he's injured or ill) or mental. I think it's the latter. I know he's 20, but MLB pitchers and big parks shouldn't overwhelm him like this. He has been around this all his life, through his dad.

Just now, Uli2001 said:

This is either physical (he's injured or ill) or mental. I think it's the latter. I know he's 20, but MLB pitchers and big parks shouldn't overwhelm him like this. He has been around this all his life, through his dad.

Oh I think it’s for sure mental. Day off for him tomorrow?

7 minutes ago, MDK02 said:

It’s hard to watch him hit right now. It’s like when pitchers used to hit in the 9 spot. Almost an automatic out. Hopefully he gets it going soon. He’s struggling in the field a little bit too which adds to it all. 

What? He's had some awesome ABs tonight. It's like people aren't watching the same game.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, interloper said:

What? He's had some awesome ABs tonight. It's like people aren't watching the same game.

Awesome? I’d say that’s a slight reach. There are some promising signs but far from awesome ABs, in my opinion. 

32 minutes ago, joelala said:

Oh I think it’s for sure mental. Day off for him tomorrow?

I would play him tomorrow since the Twins are struggling then pick and choose the spots in KC where my guess is the the entire teams bats will all struggle

Edited by Orioles0615

35 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Did you watch Cowser last year? Gunnar the first 2 months last year? Adley his first 20 games? Grayson when he first arrived?

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I think people should look at Brooks Robinson first 2 seasons as a 20 and 21 year old. Heck Bobby Witt Jr would have been in High A at Jacksons age. Give the kid some time to figure it out. He will turn it around.

Gotta play him every day except against the really good LHP. I'm not worried about his bat and he needs to learn to play defense. That clanger off his glove that would have been an easy DP cost the team a run but at least he's slowly starting to put something on his throws, they weren't rainbows tonight. Baby (bird) steps.

Edited by Malike

His 2nd and 3rd at bats tonight were good. Good contact on the line out. I’d like him to attack more, but it’s pretty remarkable looking at the pitch locations he’s seeing, it seems like they are all on the black. The couple that have been fully over the plate he has fouled off or made contact on.

It’s a team game. The O’s are 5-2 since his call up. They are getting wins while he is going through the “getting his feet wet” process. Very few big leaguers rake from the get-go so this is just part of the process.