2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 hour ago, EdwinRip said:

Hays hammers high velocity….better sit Cowser.

Hays ain't hammering anything right now....

He's currently striking out 30% of his AB's and he's currently 0-14 over the past 3 games with 4 K's.  Yes, I know. It's a SSS but even in ST he was struggling.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, .500_OR_BETTER said:

Hays ain't hammering anything right now....

He's currently striking out 30% of his AB's and he's currently 0-14 over the past 3 games with 4 K's.  Yes, I know. It's a SSS but even in ST he was struggling.

It was sarcasm…..anyway the only reason Hays isn’t in the lineup is due to an illness.

Just now, EdwinRip said:

It was sarcasm…..anyway the only reason Hays isn’t in the lineup is due to an illness.

Gotcha!  Figured that.

Maybe they should be really cautious with Hays... that illness may be serious  Maybe a trip to the 60 day IL just to be sure he'll be ok.

3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Was there ever a resolution for Trade Angelos?

Yes … a statement that said handle changes are a benefit of the plus membership.

I strongly advocate for people to $2 or $3 bucks a months. The exception to that belief would be a little kid 

I think the O's should try Adley at leadoff and Gunnar batting behind him or in the 3 spot.  Don't know if anyone else has brought this up yet.

I know Gunnar has more speed, but since last season Adley has been the top OBP guy on the team, of the starters anyway.  He just gets on base, while Gunnar appears to have the bigger bat.

1 hour ago, EddeeEddee said:

I think the O's should try Adley at leadoff and Gunnar batting behind him or in the 3 spot.  Don't know if anyone else has brought this up yet.

I know Gunnar has more speed, but since last season Adley has been the top OBP guy on the team, of the starters anyway.  He just gets on base, while Gunnar appears to have the bigger bat.

Hyde doesn't like Adley rushing to get catcher gear off when batting leadoff at least at home.

1 hour ago, spleen1015 said:

Hyde doesn't like Adley rushing to get catcher gear off when batting leadoff at least at home.

Hmm, makes sense.  Well then maybe they can try it on the road or when he's DHing.

5 hours ago, EddeeEddee said:

After Holliday is promoted and adjusted to mlb pitching, I would prefer he bat leadoff.  Not really interested in seeing Adley in hit and runs, much less stolen bases.

13 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Lefties kill this guy we are facing today. I assume we will not take that into account and start some whacky lineup, forcing in ice cold right handed bats.

Almost guaranteed Hays and his .100 BA start over Cowser. 

23 hours ago, Malike said:

I was in a 7.3 in Alaska in 2002 I think? I was working at a resort in Denali and they had a bunch of cabins that all almost fell off the mountain they were on. Pretty freaky.

Apparently, it was a 7.9, my memory is shot.

Maybe you need to start adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug regimen to, uh, you know, like, keep your mind limber. 

• Haha 1