2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

8 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I already did this for the last Apple TV game so I've expended my trial for this year.  No baseball for me tonight.

Thanks for the info, my fellow Orioles Hangout members.

A month's subscription is worth it just to watch Severance season 1. Add in one or two O's games and cancel after a month and I'd call it a good value.

11 minutes ago, CallMeBrooksie said:

A month's subscription is worth it just to watch Severance season 1. Add in one or two O's games and cancel after a month and I'd call it a good value.

Slow Horses, and of course, Ted Lasso as well.

Yeah, I'm not rewarding MLB or Apple for this arrangement, not even a trial subscription.  Either kill RSNs and go full streaming, or stop giving onsie-twosie games to various streaming services every year. 

I don't know how MLB thinks that making games harder to watch through archaic blackout restrictions and streamer sprinkling is a good thing for the future health of the sport. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, accinfo said:

I know I am the minority opinion here but the Apple TV picture is worth figuring this all out.  It is all broadcasted in stunning 1080P.

Maybe Rubenstein will notice the difference between MASN and Apple TV picture quality  (it's like night and day) and upgrade the MASN viewing experience.  One can dream.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Maybe Rubenstein will notice the difference between MASN and Apple TV picture quality  (it's like night and day) and upgrade the MASN viewing experience.  One can dream.

That is a little beyond his capability.  Normal cable companies like Verizon and Comcast don’t broadcast in 1080P on most channels.  There are a few but most are not.

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

You can sign up for Apple TV.  Just don't forget to cancel it like I did.  I was going to order it again for tonight's game as I was sure I had cancelled it, and my subscription was still working.

You might as well keep it after tonight, since the O's game two weeks from tonight is also on Apple.

29 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

How would he notice?   Is he going to have a monitor when he's sitting out on the splash perch?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, OHearn4Prez said:

At this point there is zero reason that Mullins and Santandar should be playing every day. Plenty of opportunities to get Heston some at bats. See if he can do what Cowser did. 

Santander had a single tonight and a homer last game. Plus a great catch in RF last game. Mullins is by far the best defensive CF on the team, and is batting ninth. 

Plenty of reasons. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/8/2024 at 5:41 PM, Natty said:

Thanks for the info. It's good to know we are not the only team that is not good at math. 

If Santander is hitting .213 at the all star break, he won’t be batting cleanup.  Managers don’t react much to 4-6 weeks of stats.   They know that players blow hot and cold and you never know exactly when the wind is going to change.  It’s like trying to time the stock market.  

5 hours ago, SteveA said:

How would he notice?   Is he going to have a monitor when he's sitting out on the splash perch?

Maybe he'll watch a rerun.  Does apple replay the game?  Maybe one of his henchmen will tell him.  Henchmen is something Angelos would have had.  I guess associates would be a better word.

• Haha 1