2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

56 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

McCann has monster numbers vs Berrios. Does he get the start again?

There is a slight chance with Ohearn struggling a little. I’d imagine they will play him again Thursday against Kikuchi though.

12 hours ago, Orioles0615 said:

Hopefully  he gets over that for the playoffs

There’s a scenario if we were playing a speedy team vs LHP where McCann may start. If your starters ERA is a full run different with one catcher be the other then I think you start the back up. Not saying that’s the case with McCann right now.  McCann is due to get hot at some point in the season.

2 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

There is a slight chance with Ohearn struggling a little. I’d imagine they will play him again Thursday against Kikuchi though.

McCann doesn't NEED to start vs LHP. That is just the best opportunity to let him start and give Adley a day off from catching. But the situation with him and Burnes kinda throws that out the window.

If you play this historical matchup tonight, you can catch Adley in the day game tomorrow and again the following night.

39 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

McCann doesn't NEED to start vs LHP. That is just the best opportunity to let him start and give Adley a day off from catching. But the situation with him and Burnes kinda throws that out the window.

If you play this historical matchup tonight, you can catch Adley in the day game tomorrow and again the following night.

I agree especially looking at the numbers. Numbers would say you sit Mountcastle tonight and play Ohearn. 2-19 is a pretty long track record against Berrios.  

Henderson SS

Rutchman DH

Ohearn 1B

Santander RF

Cowser LF

Westburg 3B

Mullins CF

McCann C

Norby 2B

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I agree especially looking at the numbers. Numbers would say you sit Mountcastle tonight and play Ohearn. 2-19 is a pretty long track record against Berrios.  

You think 19 at bats over five seasons is good data?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

You think 19 at bats over five seasons is good data?

Yes. Especially when you consider a batters strengths versus pitchers. Berrios pitching style is Mountcastle crutch. He is good at busting the batter in and throwing a outside chase slider.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I think there’s a better chance of John Schneider spontaneously combusting in the dugout tonight than there is of Hyde sitting Mountcastle in Toronto in the midst of the heater he’s on.

…so like a 5-6% chance, max…

Edited by e16bball

I hate it when they do that.  Norby crushes one in his last at bat last night and then gets relegated to the bench tonight.  Would have preferred keeping Westy at 3rd, letting Norby have 2nd base tonite.

The only thing that makes this alright is that Urias has been hitting lately.  Hopefully we can get to Berrios tonight.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Can we get this:

C-Adley

1B-Mountcastle

2B-Norby

SS-Henderson

3B-Westburg

LF-Stowers

CF-Cowser

RF-Santander

DH-O'hearn

Batting order can vary

Nah, Mateo will be back soon. Norby is not going to be an everyday starter. He could be a platoon bat and go from there. They will also keep trying to get Mullins and Hays going. 

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Nah, Mateo will be back soon. Norby is not going to be an everyday starter. He could be a platoon bat and go from there. They will also keep trying to get Mullins and Hays going. 

I'm a little surprised Hays isn't in there tonight.  He has started to come on strong.