2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

So much for the personal catcher drama.  

Maybe, but like I said, I would have been shocked if Adley didn’t start this time since Hyde was finally questioned about it and he pulled the “just a coincidence” card even though it obviously wasn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I just knew that would happen. Hope it doesn't turn into a bad start for Burnes. 

Opposing hitters have a .542 OPS when Adley catches Burnes.  

2 minutes ago, dystopia said:

Maybe, but like I said, I would have been shocked if Adley didn’t start this time since Hyde was finally questioned about it and he pulled the “just a coincidence” card even though it obviously wasn’t. 

Well, you may think that, but I doubt Hyde gives a damn if the public thinks McCann is Burnes’ personal/preferred catcher.  He’s not making out his lineup card to throw them off the scent.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Frobby said:

Well, you may think that, but I doubt Hyde gives a damn if the public thinks McCann is Burnes’ personal/preferred catcher.  He’s not making out his lineup card to throw them off the scent.  

I can't imagine someone actually believing that a major league manager would make this decision to sway fan perception.

Just now, Frobby said:

He’s not gonna want it to become a distraction either. 

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So much for the personal catcher drama.  

You obviously haven't read the rest of the thread.  This doesn't DISprove the personal catcher theory, it actually PROVES it because it comes right after Hyde was asked about it for the first time.  Don't you see?  He's just trying to throw us off the scent!

You are so naive you can't see the layers of this conspiracy when they are right under your nose.

Just now, SteveA said:

You obviously haven't read the rest of the thread.  This doesn't DISprove the personal catcher theory, it actually PROVES it because it comes right after Hyde was asked about it for the first time.  Don't you see?  He's just trying to throw us off the scent!

You are so naive you can't see the layers of this conspiracy when they are right under your nose.

I mean, it doesn’t really matter what happens now. The question is whether you believe McCann catching Burnes 5 times in a row was a coincidence, or Adley starting a night game and 2 day games back-to-back-to-back was a coincidence. 

It obviously wasn’t, but some people still foolishly believe it was. 

7 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I just knew that would happen. Hope it doesn't turn into a bad start for Burnes. Oh...and who does Stowers have to kill to get some starts?

Camden Yards (defense) and starting pitchers like Wheeler, should have got a start yesterday against Walker. Should be able to get a start in New York In the meantime do like Hays, stay ready if called.

1 hour ago, DirtyBird said:

Because it’s a RHP, Urias has been hitting well and Mateo offers speed off the bench if needed in late innings.

I had been wondering the same thing. Thanks. I think Westy 3B and Mateo 2B is superior, but I understand the reasoning.