2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

Honestly at this point the lineup really doesn’t mean much as long as the top 6 or so is Henderson, Rutschman, O’Hearn Mountcastle, Santander, Westburg in some order the rest your just rotating guys around.  They are all about equal minus maybe McCann.  Hays, Mullins, Cowser are all about the same might have good game might not, then Urias Mateo same thing Urias gives you more bat but Mateo more speed.  There all decent bottom of the order guys but none has established themself ahead of the others.   

19 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

O'hearn in LF. Interesting. 

12 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I would use another world to describe it.

Honestly, if you're ever going to use him in the outfield, this is a good situation to do it. 

Rutschman getting day off from catching, so taking the DH spot.

RHP on the mound, so you want ROH's bat in the lineup.

Houston has one of the shorter LFs in MLB. ROH and Santander at the corners and Mullins patrolling the more cavernous CF territory. 

I guess you could argue that he could play at 1B, but probably better to keep Mounty's bat in the lineup. Can always sub Cowser and/or Hays later for defense.

9 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Honestly, if you're ever going to use him in the outfield, this is a good situation to do it. 

Rutschman getting day off from catching, so taking the DH spot.

RHP on the mound, so you want ROH's bat in the lineup.

Houston has one of the shorter LFs in MLB. ROH and Santander at the corners and Mullins patrolling the more cavernous CF territory. 

I guess you could argue that he could play at 1B, but probably better to keep Mounty's bat in the lineup. Can always sub Cowser and/or Hays later for defense.

Yea i mean, lineup looks fine.. O'Hearn in LF is different, but top 6 of this lineup with an OPS of 800+ ... that seems good.

14 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I hate when a super slow runner like McCann is in front of Henderson.  If Henderson hits a triple, he'll be called out because McCann is still at 3rd.

I agree. McCann should bat 2nd.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

McCann starting vs a RHP is interesting. Does this make SportsGuy happy? 

It means Adley will catch in what should be the two tougher matchups, and he will be catching Burnes again.

8 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I think tonight’s lineup is our best possible one with McCann in the lineup. Perfect spot to deploy McCann in LF with the way he’s hitting. Astros LF is a joke z

Wrong Irishman.