2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

22 hours ago, oriole said:

I thought Jimenez was brought in to DH vs lefties? What is he doing starting every day? I might need to change my vote on that “is it time for Hyde to go” poll

I reckon it has more to do with the fact that Mayo isn't a great defensive 3B and they don't want to burn Ramon Urias in a DH role when he needs to be available to play any number of IF positions. So, the flexibility on the bench is as follows:

LF: Ryan O'Hearn (against righties), Austin Slater (against lefties)

CF: Colton Cowser, Cedric Mullins (bench, against righties, late defensive/PR/PH replacement)

RF: Anthony Santander, Austin Slater

1B: Ryan Mountcastle (lefties), Ryan O'Hearn (righties when not in LF)

2B: Jackson Holliday, Ramon Urias (bench)

SS: Gunnar Henderson, Ramon Urias (bench)

3B: Coby Mayo, Ramon Urias (bench)

😄 Adley, McCann

I mean, your DH is going to be Adley on days he's not catching, Eloy on Adley off days, otherwise who are you putting at DH? I reckon they're going to keep trotting him out there until he stops hitting.

5 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Seeing all of Mountcastle (against most righties), Mullins, Urias in a lineup just gives off bad vibes.

Mullins has to play time to time. Might as well be against righties where he has a .737 ops. If anyone is curious Mullins is hitting lefties (check this) .376 ops with no rbi, yikes.

7 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Mullins has to play time to time. Might as well be against righties where he has a .737 ops. If anyone is curious Mullins is hitting lefties (check this) .376 ops with no rbi, yikes.

Right, they all have to play at some point. Just not all at the same time. I get playing Mounty in Toronto. Mullins sat the last two nights, so I see putting him in. Then dont start Urias 2/3 games.

6 minutes ago, terpoh said:

Right, they all have to play at some point. Just not all at the same time. I get playing Mounty in Toronto. Mullins sat the last two nights, so I see putting him in. Then dont start Urias 2/3 games.

Did you see Mayo butcher the ball everywhere yesterday? It was a near lock Urias was going to start tonight.

I understand what you’re saying but no matter what lineup Hyde puts out there will be something to complain about.

I guess Hyde could have penciled in O’Hearn at 1st and Slater in right but as bad as Mountcastle has looked the last week+ Hyde may be hoping for some more Mounty vs Toronto magic..

8 minutes ago, KojiSplit said:

Did you see Mayo butcher the ball everywhere yesterday? It was a near lock Urias was going to start tonight.

I understand what you’re saying but no matter what lineup Hyde puts out there will be something to complain about.

I guess Hyde could have penciled in O’Hearn at 1st and Slater in right but as bad as Mountcastle has looked the last week+ Hyde may be hoping for some more Mounty vs Toronto magic..

And if the plan is for Urias to start, then send Mayo down. And if hes THAT bad that he cant even play at this level then trade him.