The World Baseball Classic Thread

PrivateO

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roberts is kicking ass.. Hopefully that will shut up that stupid meathead announcer that can't mention the word Orioles without following it with something negative.

Everyone knows who Brian Roberts is whether or not he plays for the Yankees or Sox you *$#:cussing:

Well someone had to replace Dustin Pedroia's energy and offense out there tonight and that guy was...... Jimmy Rollins

Uh... how about the man that actually replaced Dustin Pedroia? :cussing:

I think if this guy said something positive about the Orioles he'd explode.

I have to say I really didnt like the teams reaction to the dutch players HR. Yah he showed them up but so what? The guy plays for Kinheim in Holland, let him enjoy the moment of hitting an HR off an MLB pitcher in a blow out loss.

I wonder how much $$$ Chapman makes in Cuba... if he defected... he could be filthy rich. No draft = yummy bidding war. (which of course we'd lose)

I think they said the average salary of a star player in Cuba is like $400 a month. Remember, in a communist worker's paradise baseball player = brain surgeon = trash collector = college student = guy who sleeps all day. You only get $300 Oakleys and designer polo shirts if you're Castro's son-turned team doctor.

Apparently he was pissy when he wasn't in the lineup.

Jeter was unhappy about not playing. I'm glad he was. Everyone representing their country should want to be in the lineup all the time.

No one said that Jeter was going to sulk and not play hard when he got into the game if he didn't get to start.

I have to say I really didnt like the teams reaction to the dutch players HR. Yah he showed them up but so what? The guy plays for Kinheim in Holland, let him enjoy the moment of hitting an HR off an MLB pitcher in a blow out loss.

Engelhardt's delay at home plate was inappropriate, but it wasn't that long. Lindstrom's response was an over reaction and unnecessary in my opinion. It also carried the risk that it could have incited retaliation which could have hurt the U.S. team's chances going forward. Youkilis was leading off the bottom of the 8th; what if he'd been injured? The U.S. had already lost Chipper and Pedroia and couldn't substitute for any injured players until the final round, assuming they get by Venezuela/Puerto Rico in their next game.

Sure, the umpire warned both teams; what was he going to do to the Dutch team, its manager, or one of its pitchers which would have had any impact on their 2009 fortunes?

Lindstrom wasn't thinking; he was reacting the way he would have during a regular season game when the result of that game wasn't on the line. The U.S. team didn't need to make any statement whatsoever against the Dutch team; they won't face them again for at least 3 years.

Archived