Tuesday, April 30: Orioles vs Yankees

SteveA

1 minute ago, Philip said:

My feed must be behind.

I don’t understand why they brought in Web, although I guess it’s OK, cause he got judge to strike out.

You know Hyde is gonna play the matchup. Right on Right handed hitter. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Emory Eagle said:

That was an interesting Google. Was not familiar with “The Bird”.  I wish Kremer could borrow his HR allowed rate, but I dunno if that comes in a packaged deal with the slightly unhinged behavior on the mound.

The first MLB game I ever saw was the bird in Tiger Stadium in his phenom year. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I read an article that suggested Baumann was DFA'd because he is more valuable than Perez, could likely be traded, and they'd have more power over where he ends up.  There's a pitching log jam coming, and they'd like to acquire a high-end piece, so they want to start clearing out space and are doing so in an attempt to get value back instead of simply DFAing and losing the player.   
    • The lack of swing and miss in the pen if they keep it as is will likely keep this team behind the Yankees. Sure, guys throw groundballs or whatever, but when players can put everything into play, bad things are oft bound to happen. Kimbrel is the only real strikeout pitcher out of the pen.
    • I'm not, I'm municipal not NYSP. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    • I’d be surprised given the lack of defensive value and lack of improvement his last year. As a likely 1b only prospect, he’s really got to hit, and hit for power, to make it.    that said, the college bats we normally would target may largely be gone by the time we pick, so if he’s the best college bat left, I wouldn’t be completely shocked. If guys like benge / honeycut are gone (assuming smith and tibbs are long gone), then it might come down to guys like white, amick and Dakota Jordan as far as college bats (our most common demographic by far early in drafts).   
    • I see all of your points. Law has the following to say about the draft overall; "I’ve said a few times that this MLB draft class is one of the weakest I’ve ever seen, ,,," I wonder if he picking White due to the fact that the area the O's are picking in is not nearly as laden with talent as previous years and he thinks they might go underslot for a flawed power prospect like White. I found it an interesting pick as well.
    • Whether it is Juan Soto, Corey Seager or Yordan Alvarez, I think building a pen for the AL playoffs the Cionel guy will win tiebreaks over the Baumann guy this early. I hope they really get crowded out with multiple strong performers but if July only brings 1 fancy thing, Cionel and Coulombe can start preparing. If the big 3 starters hold together, even Means and Irvin get smushed to that role.
    • Hyde is saying it will be a six man rotation soon so arguably Irvin doesn't count. DFA Perez would have made it 5/2 among the "permanent" bullpen guys. Plus Perez has stretches when he is lights out. If he finds it at the right time he could be a weapon in October. 
  • Popular Contributors