Joshua Liranzo 2024

RZNJ

Baseball America 10 players to watch in the Florida Complex League.

Joshua Liranzo, 3B, Orioles

It’s no secret that Baltimore’s system is loaded with prospects, especially at the upper levels. Liranzo, however, might be flying under the radar a little bit. The younger brother of Dodgers prospect Thayron Liranzo stands out for his excellent defense at third base, feel for the game and high baseball IQ. He showed power potential in the DSL last season as well, with six doubles and five home runs. Liranzo’s approach needs work, but he has the upside of a third baseman with skills on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Really excited about this guy. Hope he’s able to spend the second half of the year at Delmarva and be in position to start next year in Aberdeen. 

That would put him ahead of the Basallo track at the same age.  Nothings impossible but that’s pretty crazy.    I hope he has a solid year in the FCL while being 17 the whole season.

• 3 weeks later...

@Tony-OH do we know anything about why Liranzo hasn’t played in a game at an affiliate this season? I haven’t seen anything indicating that he is injured. If Liranzo is not injured, it seems odd that he wouldn’t be playing given the positive press he has received here and elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Sydnor said:

@Tony-OH do we know anything about why Liranzo hasn’t played in a game at an affiliate this season? I haven’t seen anything indicating that he is injured. If Liranzo is not injured, it seems odd that he wouldn’t be playing given the positive press he has received here and elsewhere.

Not Tony, but he’s going to start out on one of the DSL teams again.  Was hoping maybe he’d start at FCL. Maybe he lights up DSL and only has a short stay in the Dominican?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scarey1999 said:

Not Tony, but he’s going to start out on one of the DSL teams again.  Was hoping maybe he’d start at FCL. Maybe he lights up DSL and only has a short stay in the Dominican?

Thanks. I thought he was ticketed for the FCL based on the preseason stuff I’d read, including the BA excerpt above. That explains it!

3 hours ago, Sydnor said:

Not sure where @scarey1999 is getting his information but Liranzo is still listed on the FCL roster and Eric_Birdland on X who goes to a lot of FCL games and gets some decent information had video of Liranzo practicing a month ago and last week said he’d be back soon.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sydnor said:

He's on the FCL roster but has been out with an ankle injury. He's expected to play this year in the FCL at some point. Unfortunately he's missed some PAs. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Not sure where @scarey1999 is getting his information but Liranzo is still listed on the FCL roster and Eric_Birdland on X who goes to a lot of FCL games and gets some decent information had video of Liranzo practicing a month ago and last week said he’d be back soon.  

Apologies @SydnorI must have gotten bad info and didn’t verify further. Very glad to hear he is in fact stateside!

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

He’s baaaack.

DH for the FCL Orioles.  Walked his first time up.   The FCL Orioles have no other place for rehab games.  This is it!

Nice to see him getting live action. Ashamed he missed so much of the season. I'd love to see him do well and have them push him up to Delmarva for addition PAs that he lost out on, even if he struggles at that level. 

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

Nice to see him getting live action. Ashamed he missed so much of the season. I'd love to see him do well and have them push him up to Delmarva for addition PAs that he lost out on, even if he struggles at that level. 

Good idea.  Hopefully, he performs well enough in the FCL for them to consider it.