Final 4 thread

Sports Guy

My first run through I have Wake, Memphis, Pitt, and UNC with Pitt beating Memphis in the final.

The problem with Wake is which team will show up. The one that beat UNC, Duke, FSU etc. or the one that lost to Ga. Tech, Miami, Maryland etc. Plus, Gaudio is their coach. All that said, I picked them to win it all, but I'm worried about Cleveland St.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with Wake is which team will show up. The one that beat UNC, Duke, FSU etc. or the one that lost to Ga. Tech, Miami, Maryland etc. Plus, Gaudio is their coach. All that said, I picked them to win it all, but I'm worried about Cleveland St.
Yeah I've made two brackets so far. One has Wake in the Final 4. The other has them losing to Cleveland St.

Louisville, Pitt, UNC and Marquette
Don't see Marquette getting that far without James. I know they were playing tough competition, but they lost 5 of the 6 games they played without him. If they were fully healthy I'd have them at least to the elite 8, but as it is, I have them falling early (to Mizzou).

Don't see Marquette getting that far without James. I know they were playing tough competition, but they lost 5 of the 6 games they played without him. If they were fully healthy I'd have them at least to the elite 8, but as it is, I have them falling early (to Mizzou).

Blech, I actually meant Missouri. Monday brain fart.

Blech, I actually meant Missouri. Monday brain fart.
Ok, well then you have the exact same 4 as I do in my most recent iteration.

I'm torn between Memphis and Missouri. I believed in Memphis last year, but I don't think they are as good this year. Although the rest of that bracket is pretty weak. UConn and Marquette being banged up really hurts them. Memphis/Missouri is the big matchup in that conference I think. I can actually see Purdue beating UConn in the Sweet 16 (and currently have that picked).

I'm locked in with the 3 top #1 seeds. Ballsy, I know.

I can't decide between Missouri and Memphis. I keep going back and forth. My initial instinct was Memphis, they rewarded me nicely for believing in them last year. They aren't as good this year though. I know they are good enough to beat UConn if they are a bit banged up, but I don't know if they get past Missouri.

It also took me about 4 hours to go from Wake Forest in the Final 4 in my first bracket run-through to having them lose in the first round now.

I'm locked in with the 3 top #1 seeds. Ballsy, I know.

I can't decide between Missouri and Memphis. I keep going back and forth. My initial instinct was Memphis, they rewarded me nicely for believing in them last year. They aren't as good this year though. I know they are good enough to beat UConn if they are a bit banged up, but I don't know if they get past Missouri.

It also took me about 4 hours to go from Wake Forest in the Final 4 in my first bracket run-through to having them lose in the first round now.

I wouldn't be shocked if they lost to Cleveland State, nor would I be shocked if they won it all.

Interesting choice.

We only agree on one, Missouri.

I don't like anyone all that much in that bracket outside of your boys...If I knew they were going to come to play on both sides of the ball each game, I would have them winning it.

I guess I just don't trust that they will do it.

I fully admit the Zags could go down to Akron as well...but I like that team.

Wow tons of people on the Mizzou bandwagon -- really never envisioned that. I just love their depth, which is crucial in the tourney when you're playing so many close contested games. I've read from several people that they can go 9-10 deep if they have to and they did pretty well in the Big 12 which was the most underrated conference this year IMO.

I just filled out my first bracket (certainly not my official one) and just sort of spitballed it.

Then I realized I had 4 ACC teams and 3 Big East teams in the Elite 8, along with Missouri. That might be an issue. I had Duke-FSU and UNC-Clemson, along with UCONN-Missou and Louisville-WVU.

I went with LVille, UCONN, Duke and Carolina in the Final 4, with Carolina beating Lville in the title game.

Certainly not there for good, but that was my first attempt at running through it.

Archived