The 2024 Trade Deadline

The Orioles don't need just another average guy with an outlier season. Kikuchi is just another guy. They already have that in guys like Dean Kremer.

They need to aim higher if they're serious about winning in the post season against the hottest teams.

21 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

The Orioles don't need just another average guy with an outlier season. Kikuchi is just another guy. They already have that in guys like Dean Kremer.

They need to aim higher if they're serious about winning in the post season against the hottest teams.

Last 2 years:

Kremer: 231.1 IP, 4.20 ERA, 4.64 FIP, 4.28 xFIP, 1.7 WAR

Kikuchi: 269 IP, 3.91 ERA, 3.92 FIP, 3.58 xFIP, 4.6 WAR

Their ERA is close (Kikuchi’s ERA is 5% better than league average while Kremer’s is 2% worse than league average) but nothing else is remotely close. I don’t think Kikuchi is the savior but he’s a lot better than Kremer is.

• Upvote 4

I feel like this trade deadline is the biggest moment for Elias in his tenure and of course for Rubenstein.  Another token Flaherty/Fuji move is total waste of a year of Adley's/Gunnar's prime.  Still zero extensions signed.  Need to keep a counter to keep track of all these extensions.

48 minutes ago, toughbuff1 said:

What do you think about Holiday Kjerstadt Bradfield and McDermott for Crochett and Robert? We’re giving a ton, but getting back two established stars.

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many here keep pushing to see them trade for Crochet. For a guy who may not even be available come playoff time he sure has a ton of support around here.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

For the life of me I can't figure out why so many here keep pushing to see them trade for Crochet. For a guy who may not even be available come playoff time he sure has a ton of support around here.

They love him over here

45 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

For some of us, 41 years w/o even playing a World Series is enough.  For others, they just want to horde prospects.  Crochet doesn't guarantee a World Series, but he's like so many other dominant, young pitchers who have led their teams to the World Series.  Teams with great hitting and mediocre pitching seldom win the World Series but often win the regular season.

7 hours ago, LGOrioles said:

Last 2 years:

Kremer: 231.1 IP, 4.20 ERA, 4.64 FIP, 4.28 xFIP, 1.7 WAR

Kikuchi: 269 IP, 3.91 ERA, 3.92 FIP, 3.58 xFIP, 4.6 WAR

Their ERA is close (Kikuchi’s ERA is 5% better than league average while Kremer’s is 2% worse than league average) but nothing else is remotely close. I don’t think Kikuchi is the savior but he’s a lot better than Kremer is.

Sometimes it’s good to look at the similar pitchers with the same velocity and movement. Some good names on that list. 

IMG_5688.jpeg

13 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What would we do with Detmers this year?  No time for a project. That’s for the offseason. Just get Fedde or Kikuchi. 

Detmers has some underlying numbers that say he could be good this year…he also could be a weapon out of the pen.

This was a recently highly rated guy who is left handed and has a good arm. He’a a good get for this year and especially the long term. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Detmers has some underlying numbers that say he could be good this year…he also could be a weapon out of the pen.

This was a recently highly rated guy who is left handed and has a good arm. He’a a good get for this year and especially the long term. 

I agree. He looked great in that early series, but he’s someone to mess around with in the offseason. It would take a lot to get him. We need to use our resources for SP this year. Detmers would cost about the same as Crochet. I would think. One of the big 3 stuff or a package that hurts bad. 

42 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Sometimes it’s good to look at the similar pitchers with the same velocity and movement. Some good names on that list. 

IMG_5688.jpeg

Those are a lot better than Kremer’s comparables on Savant.

15 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. He looked great in that early series, but he’s someone to mess around with in the offseason. It would take a lot to get him. We need to use our resources for SP this year. Detmers would cost about the same as Crochet. I would think. One of the big 3 stuff or a package that hurts bad. 

Huh?  He won’t cost anything near that.