Sunday 6/2/2024 - Os vs Tampa Bay Rays

justD

1 minute ago, baltfan said:

Yes.  If it goes threw the legs it is. 

That one didn't go through the legs, though.  Urias dropped a knee and the ball bounced above his glove, past his chest/face - to the side of him. 

1 minute ago, survivedc said:

The ball was hit pretty hard, on a perfect play you get over but he didn’t have a ton of time to move his body

Watching the replay it was clear he was in better position until he tried to side play the ball with his glove.  Just a poor play.

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Shoulda taken it off the chest like Brooks

Sadly, we don't see that much anymore. I had constant bruises on my chest during my playing days. And some bruised nuggets occasionally.  Even wearing a cup, there's pain when a guy gets dinged there. It's like wearing a bullet proof vest, but still feeling some impact of a bullet. 

I think the scariest thing is having one's breath knocked out, though. It feels like drowning. Happened a bit to me in football. 

I did have a spike come down on a finger once. I called time, went out of the gate, behind the concession stand and threw up!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Morgan423 said:

Let's work the count this inning guys.  Give Cole Irvin a little bit of extra breathing time after the long inning out. 

Or, you know, do the exact opposite of that.  Whatever I guess. 

Edited by Morgan423