What are you expecting, or what would you be pleased with for Cade Povich tonight.

Not expecting much as he is a young pitcher making his 2nd Major League start and trying to figure it out.

Is anybody expecting much from the Braves young pitcher making his what third MLB start?

The only way to have lofty expectations (as some have posted) is 1) Because you bleed Orange and Black and your passion gets the best of your rational/sound judgment. 2) Because you believe the Braves offense is that bad at the moment.

I HOPE he can pitch good enough to keep us in the game until he is relieved.

51 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I just want him to keep the Orioles in the game.  Give an opportunity to win.  Don't really care about the stat line too much.

Exactly your 5th starter or in this case 6th starter I just want them to get you into the 5th or 6th with a chance in the game.  It doesn’t matter if it 6 innings 1 er couple walks and k’s in 1-1 game or 5 innings 4 er and leave with a 4-4 tie.  I always say win the games with your 2-3 horses and just try to stay .500 and not kill bullpen and you will win 90+ games.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Just guessing, I'd say he goes 6 IP, 7 hits, 2 BB's, 4 K's and 3 ER.  A quality start in short.  I'll take that or better. :)

That’s pretty much in line with my expectations for Povich tonight. With Schwellenbach pitching for the Braves the Orioles lineup should be able to score some runs. 

With the Braves recent struggles scoring runs maybe Povich fares better in his second start. 

• Upvote 1

I just hope we see the good Povich tonight.  Hopefully he got the jitters out of the way and learned a thing or two and trusts his stuff.  I'd love to see a 6ip  5H 2BB 8K 2ER performance.  It will be interested to watch him after Max Fried since he gets that comparison from a lot of people.  

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

What Brad Brach was talking about:

I remember watching him pitch in highlight videos prior to his dust ML start and thinking how much he reminded me of Fried. It cracked me up when Brad made that same connection.