O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

13 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

That sucks.

Never like to see guys get hurt.

Add Rizzo to the list of guys seriously hurt because one (or more) of three fielders and the batter/baserunner are running toward the same little square at or near top speed, with little ability to get out of the other guy's way.  It's s situation designed for collision and injury. You can ask Brian Roberts. 

11 hours ago, emmett16 said:

Last time I checked we are 3-1 vs. the Yankees this year.  Our guys will be up to play at Yankee stadium.  We sweep or win 2-1.  We are a better team.  

Remember the Cardinals??

On 6/15/2024 at 11:09 PM, now said:

It's rather ironic that in the biggest series, we pitch our preseason 7-8-9 starters against the Skankees. So far so good with our deep depth in the rotation. What a coup it would be to take the series that way!

Baseball is a funny game sometimes, but you're right, we are going to battle with starters that were not even projected for the opening day rotation. Yet, here we are.

Obviously anytime we have a series against the Yankees it's big, but even if we lose 2 of 3, we'd only be 2.5 games back. 

The loss of Coulombe is huge and that bothers me more than the starters honestly. Perez, Akin, Baker and Tate filling key roles if Cano or Kimbrel is not available does not make me feel great. Baker threw the ball in his debut back and has been throwing well in AAA for a bit, so maybe he's a little bit of lightning in a bottle that this team needs in the pen. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, .500_OR_BETTER said:

Hopefully the O's took notes on the Red Sox exposing Trevino on Sunday night.

Anyone not named McCann, Rutschman, and O'hearn - if you get on base, just run. 

Urias and Santander are slower than Rutschman.  O'Hearn is actually faster than Hays and Mountcastle.

At least according to statcast sprint speed which isn't an exact analog to base stealing ability.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leaderboard/sprint_speed?min_season=2024&max_season=2024&position=&team=BAL&min=10

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, maybenxtyr said:

I expect the team to roll over for the Yankees like they did the first time they faced them. Or like they did against the Phillies this weekend.

Yup, O’s are 17-6 against the AL East this season and yanks are 9-10 vs the division but let’s just be grateful to win 1 of 3..

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I think the Yankees series is very simple. Try to have nobody on base when Judge and Soto come to the plate. Get to there bullpen early. A lot easier said than done.

I have a feeling Judge and Soto get pitched kind of straight this series.     Data is being accumulated for deciding if extreme tactics get rated later on.