Cease vs everyone else

Sports Guy

Despite that, Cease is the 24th most valuable SP in baseball this year per Fangraphs. Better than every Oriole besides Burnes (8th).

Plus, I have concerns about our rotation next year if Bradish is out. Cease would have helped with that.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, luismatos4prez said:

Despite that, Cease is the 24th most valuable SP in baseball this year per Fangraphs. Better than every Oriole besides Burnes (8th).

Plus, I have concerns about our rotation next year if Bradish is out. Cease would have helped with that.

At what cost? You weren't getting Cease for DL Hall and Ortiz or it would have happened. Would you have been fine trading away Westburg or Cowser+ for him?

At least he's having an up year from 2023.

image.thumb.png.773a8a1202893a7d9f16a4c58e762f75.png

image.thumb.png.ec7a3bc03dc2862727b2d332dbf8ed4c.png

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Fangraphs can suck it.  We live in the real world, not some made-up FIP world. 

Strongest language I’ve heard from you. I don’t want to pay the white Sox price because it will be too much, no matter what they’re selling.

But I don’t really want Luzardo either.

I'm glad for Manny that Cease is helping SDP stay in the mix, and rooting for them to get their shot at the Dodgers in the 5-game format.

It is just a baseball barstool debate, but would you give Corbin Burnes to get Dylan Cease this week?

If it goes bad, Seidler's successors fire Preller and introduce austerity measures for the partners, I still see Dylan Cease as a strong consider to be Burnes' successor on the 2025 Orioles owing to that sweet, sweet 1-year term.

One of the better baseball geek observations I've heard about the Padres is they have a poor understanding of what makes a fastball good apart from velocity, and were he acquired I'd have some hope BAL could get a little better overall production out of him than CHW-SDP have.

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

When the Burnes trade happened I don't think I saw a single poster saying that would have rather had Cease.

@Rustbelt didn't say that. He just said "Many wanted Cease... Burnes was the better deal."

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

When the Burnes trade happened I don't think I saw a single poster saying that would have rather had Cease.

No one thought Burnes was available.

This just strikes me as an odd post.

There were some but it was because of getting an extra year. Some also thought Cease was as good or almost as good as Burnes. 

7 hours ago, luismatos4prez said:

Who cares what FG thinks. 

44 minutes ago, Jagwar said:

@Rustbelt didn't say that. He just said "Many wanted Cease... Burnes was the better deal."

Folks were wanted Cease because they didn't know Burnes was an option.

We knew someone needed to be added.

As for what they said?  I'm not sure but it seems like some sort of odd gloating post over Cease having a rough patch.

8 hours ago, Rustbelt said:

There were many who wanted the Orioles trade for Dylan Cease over the winter.  He is not exactly pitching like an ace.  I personally thought he was not an ace.  2022 season looks like an outlier season for him.  Even with just 1 year remaining control versus 2, Corbin Burnes was much better deal.  

You missed a great opportunity to bump the Dylan Cease thread and go for the OH record. 

• Haha 1