Friday 6/21 vs Houston

86this

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

Really dont like Gunnar arguing obvious strike calls. He's better than that. Still young though. 

I've been told repeatedly he doesn't do that. Even though he did on two pitches in that one AB.

2 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

Do the teams pay for the medical care of injured players or is their some kind of deluxe health insurance that does it?

If teams did not handle all expenses for injuries and health care there would be an immediate strike and cessation of baseball.  But I am curious a case like John Means who is a free agent next season.  I assume there is some league policy for injured free agents but I don't know.  

1 minute ago, Dunk35 said:

Really dont like Gunnar arguing obvious strike calls. He's better than that. Still young though. 

It wasn’t an obvious strike. It caught the zone, but only part of the ball. Yes it should be and was called a strike, but it’s not nuts that Gunnar thought it might be a ball 

Just now, Aristotelian said:

I didn't see jawing. Good natured conversation. It was a strike a though. 

Yeah he has a narrative that Gunnar is a complainer. We aren’t there to hear what is said and I’m pretty sure Gunnar has never been thrown out a game. 

1 minute ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Yeah he has a narrative that Gunnar is a complainer. We aren’t there to hear what is said and I’m pretty sure Gunnar has never been thrown out a game. 

If it were anyone else, people would be piling on, but God forbid you criticize the golden calf who can do no wrong. You're on the "bat slipped out of Manny's hand" team too, right?

11 minutes ago, Malike said:

Heim has fallen off the face of the earth since his good year last year. He's .100 points higher than McCann in OPS and 24% worse than a league average hitter.

Wow. Just checked his savant page. It’s as blue as California.

Sad…

How long does it take an Umpire to change uniforms?  Come on.  I wonder if all the gear for behind the plate is different?  Maybe steel toe shoes?  And some super protective cup?  This is talking forever!