Penn traded to the Marlins for IF Robert Andino

Steel Curtain

Good for him! I'm sure that was pretty fun.. I wonder what his stats were like over there.

He did win game 5 of the 2010 Japan series, after 8 starts in the regular season (1-3 record, 3.69 in 46 innings). But only threw 4 games, 26 innings, to a 3.46 ERA in 2011. And has 20 innings of a 3.98 this year. His 2011 ERA was about an ERA+ of 85.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those who said that Hayden Penn would never amount to anything:

Hayden Penn is now playing for the Chiba Lotte Marines in Japan. Apparently he helped them win the 2010 Nippon World Series. I kid you not.

Joke's on us??? :laughlol:

Maybe DD can bring him back as part of his overseas endeavors.

What happened to Andino's ability to steal bases?

What ability to steal bases? He has 19 career MLB steals in 335 games, and a minor league career high of 22. His 106-48 SB-CS in the minors (in over 800 games) is hovering just around the break-even mark. His 13 steals, 3 caught, from last year seems to be a pretty good mark for him.

What ability to steal bases? He has 19 career MLB steals in 335 games, and a minor league career high of 22. His 106-48 SB-CS in the minors (in over 800 games) is hovering just around the break-even mark. His 13 steals, 3 caught, from last year seems to be a pretty good mark for him.

He has good speed and runs the bases well. Don't care very much about SB's.

He has good speed and runs the bases well. Don't care very much about SB's.

Exactly. Unless you're guy who's stealing 40 bases with almost no caught the run value of your steals is negligible. In almost all cases there's very little difference between 20 steals and 10 and zero.

Archived