Penn traded to the Marlins for IF Robert Andino

Steel Curtain

Yeah, I did see the stats at AAA. I do like that he's 24. On the plus side regarding all of this, I think Andino might end up serving us better in 2009 and in the future just because we have a surplus of arms coming up in the future. I think I'm coming around on this trade.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I did see the stats at AAA. I do like that he's 24. On the plus side regarding all of this, I think Andino might end up serving us better in 2009 and in the future just because we have a surplus of arms coming up in the future. I think I'm coming around on this trade.

I think that's the feeling. Combined with the fact that we weren't positioned to utilize Penn in a way to maximize his value now or in the future.

So, we keep Penn and let him languish - or we set him free and get a workable piece back.

It's not ideal (I'd have prefered to keep Penn) but I can see the thinking.

2 errors for our new utility infielder today. While the first didn't cost us, the second one occured in the 9th while we held a one run lead. It lead to an unearned run and the loss. Not a good debut.
Cabrera was 4-4 today and is hitting .467. Is his defense that bad at SS? Andino made his 6th and 7th errors of the spring today.
Looks like our new utility IF that we picked up for his defense has a sense of humor.

Or irony.

Or..........someone please help.

Believe or not... I've seen Brooks Robinson have a multiple error game, in the regular season too.

He's by far the most passive-aggressive poster I've ever stumbled across.

I think it's pretty clear that he's posting about me - he doesn't have to include my name. For all of his comments about making it "about the posts", it rarely is.

For instance, this is AmateurFan on me a couple of weeks ago:

Etcetera. So, you can see why I might have an issue with his passive aggressive shots at me. But - no - really - it's all about the "posts" with him. Indeed.

As several people pointed out, I was in the wrong. I sent you a PM to clarify. I understand why you think I was being passive-aggressive, but I didn't intend that. I don't even like conflict. Yes, I got really mad and expressed it in a thread at you directly a couple of weeks ago.

When I made the post about people attacking Drew, I did not think it through all the way. I drew attention to issues other than what I'd wanted. I wasn't even thinking of the posters themselves when I made it, though I recognize that may be difficult to believe. Furthermore, it's not even possible to separate posts from posters in this medium. I did not, however, think about that till later.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
any updates on where Penn is now?

For those who said that Hayden Penn would never amount to anything:

Hayden Penn is now playing for the Chiba Lotte Marines in Japan. Apparently he helped them win the 2010 Nippon World Series. I kid you not.

Joke's on us??? :laughlol:

Hayden Penn is now playing for the Chiba Lotte Marines in Japan. Apparently he helped them win the 2010 Nippon World Series. I kid you not.

Well, if you define "help" as throwing 26 innings of below average baseball. So far in '12 he's thrown 20 innings to a 3.98 as the Marines' 5th starter. This in a league that had an ERA of about 3.00 last year. I think it's safe to assume his ERA in Japan would translate to something well north of 5.00 in the majors - Wei-Yin Chen had a 2.68 last year and didn't have a particularly good season.

Well there you go a guy with the name Hayden might be able to make in in Japan, but not in the MLB, lol.

Archived