Trading for Tarik Skubal

Greg Pappas

7 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I was asked how I felt about this proposal over at the MotownForums site: Skubal to the Orioles for Basallo, Kjerstad, Jackson Baumeister, and Leandro Arias.

Would you agree to it?  I'll go back and tell them the general vibe after enough have responded.

Hell no.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

I sort of hope they do trade him and he's an 8-win player every year. His 34ABs at the ML have defined him by many.

The negativity surrounding him here is out of control.  You would think he is struggling in A ball, which a lot of high 1st round picks I'm his class are, instead of having a .900 OPS In AAA.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The negativity surrounding him here is out of control.  You would think he is struggling in A ball, which a lot of high 1st round picks I'm his class are, instead of having a .900 OPS In AAA.

Where is this negativity? Just cause people are willing to trade him doesn’t mean they are  so negative about his potential.

18 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I was asked how I felt about this proposal over at the MotownForums site: Skubal to the Orioles for Basallo, Kjerstad, Jackson Baumeister, and Leandro Arias.

Would you agree to it?  I'll go back and tell them the general vibe after enough have responded.

I think that's a fair deal but I wouldn't do it. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I’d be looking at Basallo, MeDermott/Povich, Beavers, Bradfield, and 2 DSL Types.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Spakman said:

Where is this negativity? Just cause people are willing to trade him doesn’t mean they are  so negative about his potential.

Try reading thru the 120 page Holliday thread on Orioles Talk and tell me I'm wrong.  90% of the posts are,negative including straight up attacks on the young man, his family and character.

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Try reading thru the 120 page Holliday thread on Orioles Talk and tell me I'm wrong.  90% of the posts are,negative including straight up attacks on the young man, his family and character.

Sorry, I haven’t looked at that thread and I didn’t know that there was that many idiots here.

1 minute ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I think many are like me. I think Holliday is more like a MLB top 10 overall prospect vs #1 overall. I have Basallo and Mayo in front of him 

4 minutes ago, baltfan said:

I think many are like me. I think Holliday is more like a MLB top 10 overall prospect vs #1 overall. I have Basallo and Mayo in front of him 

So you think the O's have three of the top 10 prospects in baseball?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They certainly may. BP has 3 in the top 12.  The argument exists for sure.  I would say 3 top 15 is probably more accurate but it’s close.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes, and I don’t think that is terribly controversial.  I think Basallo is a bit underrated because of the injury that got him off to a slow start.  Mayo has been a beast.  Take Wood off this list as he will graduate and I would slot Basallo and Mayo after Jenkins.  Yes I prefer Basallo to Salas.  Do you think this is a controversial take that they are all three Top 10

https://www.mlb.com/prospects

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

BA has Holliday 2, Mayo 12 and Basallo 16. Not sure about the next round of rankings.

48 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

I think I might do that actually, but I’d probably be trying to swap out one of either Basallo or Kjerstad for Norby. 

• Upvote 1