Should Hyde win a second consecutive Manager of the Year?

Frobby

5 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

I thought he was being sarcastic.  🤔  But not totally sure.  

If I missed the sarcasm, I’ll apologize.   It could very well be that he got me.  Lol

3 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Yes, just so some of the posters on here could fire him like Davey Johnson! Seriously, IMO no but he will be on ballots and is nowhere close to being fired. Now, if we win the East, I'm voting for him.

Right now I'd vote for Vogt.

3 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Vogt would get my vote. I love the way their team is constructed. They are probably fun to manage too.

I bet the Orioles were really fun to manage earlier in the season. 

35 minutes ago, Too Tall said:

Yes, just so some of the posters on here could fire him like Davey Johnson! Seriously, IMO no but he will be on ballots and is nowhere close to being fired. Now, if we win the East, I'm voting for him.

I don’t think he’ll win it again. But let’s say the orioles win the division again. Doing that without Bautista, Bradish, Means, Wells etc certainly says something. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ledzepp8 said:

I don’t think he’ll win it again. But let’s say the orioles win the division again. Doing that without Bautista, Bradish, Means, Wells etc certainly says something. 

Yes, if some how he wins this division with these injuries then he should absolutely be considered.  They are not that far from having the best record in baseball.  I don’t think they will finish with it but again if they go on some kind of run he should be in the final conversation.  This award is based on expectations and the Orioles expectations were very high.  If I told you in opening day that Bradish, Wells, and Means would miss most of the season I think those expectations would have been very different.  

Edited by accinfo
  • Haha 1

Well, if he gets this troop of wounded warriors all the way to an AL East crown, he has my vote. 

All this nonsense talk about firing Hyde just really makes me laugh. No way in hell is that gonna happen. I’m not making excuses, I still think we might well win the AL east. But this has been an extremely unfortunate year for this team due to the injuries. Hyde is still hanging in there, but without all the injuries we are the best team in MLB.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ohfan67 said:

I bet the Orioles were really fun to manage earlier in the season. 

Yeah, but not the same kind of team. The Orioles were probably more fun to manage last year. 2023 was a magical season. Everything seemed to go right.

The Indians are young, athletic, grinders, they execute baseball skills and they even have a little flair out there. They have arms galore. They execute their pitches. They are even hitting home runs this year.