10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

I'm switching to the Tigers game until that one is over.  Detroit just tied it up.  More fun to watch a team I don't care about play well, than one I love play this poorly.

Gotta admit, the energy of that Tigers team is palpable...they just LOOK like they're gonna win all the time.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Would like to see the Astros cool off the Tigers if I'm being honest.

I'm not sure I could ever root for the Astros, at least not until all of the cheaters are out of the organization

1 minute ago, LookitsPuck said:

Y’all blaming Adley, but look at Gunnar and Santander doing absolutely zilch. 

It's the entire lineup, top to bottom, plus whoever's coaching them. This is a systemic problem.

It's not a slump, because it's been going on for 4 months.

It's not an individual performance thing, because it's the entire team, and it's so unlikely that every single hitter would have exactly the same problems.

I even doubt that it's a morale or fear thing. I don't think they're afraid of the playoffs or of playoff-caliber teams. They finished the regular season on a high note, building up some confidence. And they took 2 of 3 from the Yanks right before sweeping away the Twins.

I think it's mechanical and psychological (but not related to fear). It might be confidence. It might be second and third-guessing themselves.