10/2 Orioles vs Royals Wild Card Game #2

foxfield

Wait 41 years without a World Series.  Get a taste of it in 1996 and 1997.  Endure the Angelos regime.  Get a taste of what could be again in 2014 with the electric Delmon Young moment.  Have it swept away with dinks and dunks from KC.  Watch Buck leave Britton out in the bullpen.  Endure a long and deep rebuild.  Have by far the number one system in MLB with an embarrassment of riches.   Win a 101 games.  Have it swept away in the blink of an eye. Return the next year expecting to be hungry.  Get knocked out again without even scoring a run.  Being an Orioles fan has been a kick to the nuts.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

I would really like all of the O's to wear obnoxiously large padding on their leading elbow and just starting leaning in to every pitch.

BOOM. No need to HIT with RISP. 

Instead they can GET hit with RISP

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Sam Horn could actually hit for the Orioles. 

My recollection of Sam Horn...he'd probably fit in perfectly on this team.  Swing hard at everything, no plate discipline.  A lot of fun if he happened to run into a pitch but also had to suffer watching him whiff through everything.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

My recollection of Sam Horn...he'd probably fit in perfectly on this team.  Swing hard at everything, no plate discipline.  A lot of fun if he happened to run into a pitch but also had to suffer watching him whiff through everything.

I did say he could actually hit for the Orioles. I never said he could hit w/ RISP for the Orioles. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LA2 said:

It's the playoffs dude, anything can happen. Like the Razorbacks making it to the WS last season. Like the Tigers getting past the Astros just now.

9 straight playoff losses. Staring 10 in the face