Wieters is coming up Friday.

Austin

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Friday is my 35th birthday, and the wife and I were scheduled to be there, but never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be Wieters debut. We were eating dinner last night when MacPhail dropped the bombshell, and I ran around the house like Mick Foley after winning his first World Title! ;) Then I got a little teary eyed! Then I got tired from running and opened up a cold Bud! :laughlol: :beerchug1:

I'll be in section 66 on Friday, cheering on the newest Baltimore Oriole...on my birthday...Matt Wieters! :clap3:

I'll be holding down section 13 Friday night. Almost traded the game's tickets for Saturday earlier in the year but ended up keeping them...

It Was Written

So what's it like to be a blue-chip prospect and the big club hypes your MLB debut enough to put many butts in seats? How many tickets will the kid sell?

Incredible news. I read on MLBTR that in the last 3 years, nobody with 2 years, 129 days of service time was eligible for Super 2 - which is what Wieters will be.

I can't go Friday unfortunately. I think the next chance I'll have is Sunday. Would they dare sit him already this Sunday? DH? (Speaking of which, I'm going to the game Thursday) I don't want to go if MW isn't playing.

I'll be holding down section 13 Friday night. Almost traded the game's tickets for Saturday earlier in the year but ended up keeping them...

It Was Written

So what's it like to be a blue-chip prospect and the big club hypes your MLB debut enough to put many butts in seats? How many tickets will the kid sell?

Sellout..bank on it!

I've been a fan since the 1970s, and I can't recall any prospect getting the level of hype that Wieters has. A certain tall righty (drafted in '89) whose name rhymes with Ken McRonald (I don't want to jinx our young catcher by mentioning his name!) was probably the closest - he was pretty much a sure-fire future Cy-Young-winning Hall-of-Famer when we drafted him. I know the fanbase has become much more knowledgeable about ML prospects with the Internet's help, but this is crazy! (And I'm as jazzed as anyone!) I hope the kid's up for it!

And another wonderful/scary thought: No matter how good Wieters ends up being, Adam Jones might be even better! :):):):)

I've been a fan since the 1970s, and I can't recall any prospect getting the level of hype that Wieters has. A certain tall righty (drafted in '89) whose name rhymes with Ken McRonald (I don't want to jinx our young catcher by mentioning his name!) was probably the closest - he was pretty much a sure-fire future Cy-Young-winning Hall-of-Famer when we drafted him. I know the fanbase has become much more knowledgeable about ML prospects with the Internet's help, but this is crazy! (And I'm as jazzed as anyone!) I hope the kid's up for it!

And another wonderful/scary thought: No matter how good Wieters ends up being, Adam Jones might be even better! :):):):)

I was telling the wife last night. For years and years Cal Ripken was our only everyday position player that the Orioles have developed in their system, and then the well had run dry. Now, we could have Roberts, Markakis, Reimold, and Wieters ALL developed by the O's system be on this team for a very long time. Add in Jones who we got for our home grown Bedard, possibly Snyder, and ALL of the homegrown pitching coming up, and our system has come a LONG way in the short time that Jordan has been around. Kudos to the Orioles management finally putting things together.

I was @ the game last night and my gf called me right away (good work out of her), so I ran up to the usher for directions to the nearest ticket window. The usher actually led me outside the stadium and told the ticket takers to let me back in. I told the girl I wanted tickets for Fri...Wieters is coming up. She rolled her eyes and said, "oh you are the inside source?" I just played along and said sure am. Got tickets in my usual section 14, row FF.

This came to mind...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived