7/1 - O's vs. Red Sox, The Rubber Match

The Rick

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hard not to question given what's happened. Bergesen was at 103 pitches. You'd think Trembley would have learned from Mother's Day last year. No, he didn't. He's a robo-manager.

It was mother's day two years ago, and Trembley wasn't even the manager then. He brought in our two best relievers, and they both stunk. What else can he do? :rolleyes:

this game can be blamed completely on Trembley. I knew immediately when he took Bergy out that this inning was going to be rough. Did anyone not see this coming???

I saw it but I actually think pitchers should be given the opportunity to finish what they start.

Hard not to question given what's happened. Bergesen was at 103 pitches. You'd think Trembley would have learned from Mother's Day last year. No, he didn't. He's a robo-manager.

It's hard not to question is a little, but almost every manager in the majors would have done the same thing

103 pitches, which would be one of Bergy's longest starts of the year.

You've got Johnson and Sherrill, your two best relievers, sitting there. If those two can't get you out of the game, you probably don't deserve to win anyway.

You don't blame Trembley for bringing in his best reliever in the top of the 9th with a 5-1 lead and with his pitcher over 100 pitches pitched.

Are you insane?

I'm listening to the game at work and was wondering how close Varitek was to going on that Ball 4. Dave Johnson is saying is was a blatantly missed call. Does everyone agree with this? If so, that is really disappointing considering that would have been the game and considering the calls we've been getting this series.

Archived