What year did you see the O's in person?

Satyr3206

I couldn't tell you when it was but the first game I can remember anything about was at Memorial Stadium. I remember they played the Tigers and seeing names like Chet Lemon and Lou Whittaker on the scoreboard. Through some research of Chet Lemon's stats and the fact that I was born in 1982, I'd say that it was probably the 89 or 90 season. But who knows...:D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Technically it was some game in the mid 90's. But the only memory I have from those games is me complaining to my parents about how boring it was.

The first game I remember was in 2004 vs. the Rangers. My grandfather and I sat down in the seats just in time to see Mora hit a home run to left.

My favorite player at the time was Larry Bigbie. I remember freaking out when he hit a double.

We won and it was awesome. Even though Ponson started.

Oh God...I just remembered that my grandmother made me a t-shirt with a picture of Bigbie screen printed on it. And I wore it to the game. :o

:laughlol::rofl:

I bet that was interesting.

I couldn't tell you when it was but the first game I can remember anything about was at Memorial Stadium. I remember they played the Tigers and seeing names like Chet Lemon and Lou Whittaker on the scoreboard. Through some research of Chet Lemon's stats and the fact that I was born in 1982, I'd say that it was probably the 89 or 90 season. But who knows...:D

Eh, it sounds better the first way.:laughlol:

I don't remember much about 1969 except how green the grass was. Went to a couple of games in 1970. My next vivid memory was 1971 when I saw Vida Blue. That man could throw the ball. Then I ended up going to school right across the street from Memorial Stadium. Used to be St. Bernards/Holy Spirit. I went to a ton of games every year, at least 40 per year. Got to watch a bunch of great players. Had a 14 year Opening day streak going. Good memories.

I have no idea what year it was, but it was in the 80's, in Memorial Stadium against the Yankees. Cal and Eddie went back to back in the first inning as the O's took a 4-0 lead. That was the end of the scoring. I *think* it was Dave Schmidt pitching, but I really have no idea.

Archived