Kevin Millwood Possible Trade Updates...

jdouble777

Wouldn't shock me to see us throw in Steve Johnson, who they didn't protect on the 40 man....If you can get Millwood for Ray and SJ and have them eat 2-4 million of the contract, that's a good deal for us.

To give up 2 guys that very easily won't be on the opening day roster I'd eat the whole $12m. It's only for one year, and more than likely they want him to "mentor" and eat space in the rotation to buy the young guys some time, then trade him at the deadline.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like that trade better. Some of the questionable (frustrating arms) will need to go. If the O's are looking for BP guys like Soriano, someone has to go. Ray hasn't looked all that good in a few years now. Yes, I know he was injured, but what says he comes back the same player?

If we have Millwood/Soriano and 10 mill added to payroll, over Scott/Ray I'd say it's a win for the O's. Yeah, I made a few assumptions :)

I find it humorous that talks started out with Tillman, then Hernandez/Erbe, and now its down to Ray. And they are still going to get Texas to pay part of his salary. Oh AP you are a bold one.

I think Roch said it best in an entry the other day...gone are the days where you fact check and get the real story before you post your name to something. In this day of twitter, and blogs they race to throw the first rumor they hear out there and hope it's their name next to the one that ends up being right in the end.

I'd like the deal a lot less if we include Johnson. If you assume he's gonna be taken in the Rule V then it doesn't matter, but two wrongs don't make a right. Not protecting Johnson was a poor move, IMO, and dealing him for Millwood would also be a weak move.

SJ may have a future in the pen but he's a dime a dozen arm...If you trade him, its not a loss.

To give up 2 guys that very easily won't be on the opening day roster I'd eat the whole $12m. It's only for one year, and more than likely they want him to "mentor" and eat space in the rotation to buy the young guys some time, then trade him at the deadline.

I don't understand this? We are positive that Ray will not be on the ML roster? Well Bell probably won't be on the OD roster either does that make him expendable? Obviously I know thats not what you mean but just because someone isn't going to be on the OD roster doesn't mean they are garbage throw ins. Like Mackus said, the deal gets considerably worse if it is Ray and Johnson.

I find it humorous that talks started out with Tillman, then Hernandez/Erbe, and now its down to Ray. And they are still going to get Texas to pay part of his salary. Oh AP you are a bold one.

I think that was all coming out of the Texas side. I don't think we ever offered the names that were talked about . Don't forget Pie also .

It's a good question though - if this does go through, do we still persue Bedard? Our rotation seems set with Guts, BB, Matusz, and Tillman. No place for 2 additional starters.

I don't think this move has anything to do with us pursuing Bedard.

You can never have enough pitching.

Archived