Time to trade Felix Pie

SilentJames

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Trading Pie right now would be the biggest mistake this organization has made in ten years, and yes, that's saying something. I fully believe that within two years Felix will be a more valuable player than Markakis, Reimold, or Adam Jones.

Really? Based on what exactly?

Seems like Markakis, Jones, Reimold and Pie gives the O's the potential of an edge over the Yankees and Red Sox that will be hard to match. It's the kind of thing that I don't think should be traded but rather built around.

I hope MacPhail gets another piece of the puzzle for Scott instead of trading any of those four.

If I were the O's GM, I'd see what value each of the 4 OF's have, and then look to trade the one whose value is highest relative to how I think he'll do. That player would likely be Jones. However, if I can't get the return I want, I'd be very content to go into next year with Reimold at DH or 1B and Pie in the OF.

If I were the O's GM, I'd see what value each of the 4 OF's have, and then look to trade the one whose value is highest relative to how I think he'll do. That player would likely be Jones. However, if I can't get the return I want, I'd be very content to go into next year with Reimold at DH or 1B and Pie in the OF.

The one with the highest trade value is probably the ones you want to keep. (Jones, Markakis, Reimold)

I think that's the opposite of what I feel. Why trade Pie (who's ceiling might be similar to Jones) for pennies on the dollar, when you can trade Jones and get a lot more? Now, you only think of doing this if you are fairly confident that Jones & Pie become similar players in the end. If I were serious about trading one of the outfielders, it would most likely be jones, but I'm not serious about it. I think the best thing to do is put Reimold at DH, Pie in LF, Jones in CF, and Markakis in RF, and hope they can all play 140+ games next year.

Yeah, I think there's a good chance Pie becomes about as good, if not better than Jones. Considering the trade return for those guys is likely very different, I'll trade Jones way before I deal Pie.

In terms of trade value and my own personal opinion of the players, pretty much.

That makes sense. I think AM should just what until some CF gets injured with no backup. That is probably the only way we will sometime worth trading Pie for.

I don't see Reimold, Jones, or Markakis sitting much. Reimold Defense needs to be really bad for DT to pencil him in as a DH.

That makes sense. I think AM should just what until some CF gets injured with no backup. That is probably the only way we will sometime worth trading Pie for.

I don't see Reimold, Jones, or Markakis sitting much. Reimold Defense needs to be really bad for DT to pencil him in as a DH.

I don't see why Reimold's defense has to be really bad for him to be penciled in at DH. His defense isn't as good as Pie's, and right now, Pie would bring more to the table offensively than whoever else would play DH if Scott was moved to 1B.

I guess it depends on what other moves are made.

I don't see why Reimold's defense has to be really bad for him to be penciled in at DH. His defense isn't as good as Pie's, and right now, Pie would bring more to the table offensively than whoever else would play DH if Scott was moved to 1B.

I guess it depends on what other moves are made.

I just don't think DT will move Reimold out of LF unless he is playing noticeably poor.

I think Reimold is going to play as much as Jones and Markakis.

Scott isn't going to play 1b. So he is our DH as of now.

I think that's the opposite of what I feel. Why trade Pie (who's ceiling might be similar to Jones) for pennies on the dollar, when you can trade Jones and get a lot more? Now, you only think of doing this if you are fairly confident that Jones & Pie become similar players in the end. If I were serious about trading one of the outfielders, it would most likely be jones, but I'm not serious about it. I think the best thing to do is put Reimold at DH, Pie in LF, Jones in CF, and Markakis in RF, and hope they can all play 140+ games next year.

Because if Pie is as good as you think he is he won't get pennies on the dollars.

Archived