Orioles Interested In Ryan Shealy

Boca Bird

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that sucks. Another blown opportunity in a growing list for the FO.

I don't know if we can blame the front office for this one since it could very well be the Rockies who aren't ready to move. I mean, if they're looking at a pitching prospect as opposed to someone who could help them now, there's no rush for them and what if a contender comes up with an injury at 1st between now and the deadline and needs immediate help? They could get a lot better offer for Shealy than they are now. It's a bit frustrating that the deal probably won't go down soon but I don't think it's dead by any means.

Well, it "looks this way" and then it "looks that way"... but nobody said that GM's were yelling at each other and slamming phones down... so, we might wanna consider waiting to see what happens... things do change, after all... how many people even thought this was a "maybe" before Friday? Now people are bummed that it didn't get done? We don't even know exactly what they were saying to each other.

If the Orioles are as high on Olson as has been indicated then it is wise not to move him for Shealy.

This sums it up for me. We've received tremendous reports on Olson so I am skeptical we want to give him up for Shealy.

Anyone think the start by Olsen after the promotion might have put the brakes on this deal. Maybe the other prospect is a no-go for the O's and the Rox want to see atleast a decent outing at the higher level.

Well, I can't say that this isn't a surprise. This isn't to the same level as Burnett last year, but it's a bit disappointing. Hopefully Shealy won't be dealt into our division...except to us.

Could it be we're looking for better than Shealy????

Yea it could be they should get Shealy for DH if nothing else.

Now, as i said originally and gesch has reiterated, if the Orioles feel that Olson is just the better player, i respect that decision to not pull the trigger.

However, they should be trying to work something out....Can't imagine the Rockies turn down Liz or turn down JJ Johnson and Finch.

Do you know something that we don't know? Come on, you can tell us.

I smell a move involving Roddy for a bat but what bat? Someone mentioned Broussard from Cleaveland on another thread. What about the Mets? They have a surplus of young OF. Diaz or Nady?:confused:

OK, Mystery Man, I'll play along...

Who do you have in mind who's better?

Also, do you have any objection to distinguishing between your personal opinion and what you pass along from whoever-it-is?

Also, do you have any objection to distinguishing between your personal opinion and what you pass along from whoever-it-is?

I could be wrong, but I think all the "????" are really a question mark, wink, wink.

I do not think BB should have to qualify every post he makes....He is also very open to when he is getting info from his guy and when he isn't.

I do not think BB should have to qualify every post he makes....He is also very open to when he is getting info from his guy and when he isn't.

I'm just looking for some way to tell, that's all.

Are you saying that *unless* BB mentions that it's news from his source, we should assume he's giving his personal opinion?

If that's a good way to tell, that's fine with me...

Archived