ChaosLex

Disappointed at all?  

315 members have voted

1. 1. Disappointed at all?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Man this is so true. People praise Andy so much for doing absolutely nothing...

Why folks want to see Andy line Angelos' pockets with more of their money is beyond me...

Don't get me wrong, most of the time, doing nothing is better than being stupid.

The problem is, when things can get done and they don't, that's when it is upsetting.

Absolutely nothing?? So he's basically doing the equivalent of a message board poster?

He's not producing results from his pursuit of the top talent, be it at the amateur level or in FA.

We always seem to back away and never land the player.

You don't get points for trying in MLB.

Yes, for the next GM and owner that actually know how to take the team to the next level in the AL East...

You never answered my question from last night:

Originally Posted by Moose Milligan View Post

But what possible reason could MacPhail, Angelos and others have to not put a winning product on the field when they know that it would make them more money?

And don't steal SG's answer, please.

He's not producing results from his pursuit of the top talent, be it at the amateur level or in FA.

Alomar, Palmiero, Belle, and Tejeda among others say hello.

Don't get me wrong, most of the time, doing nothing is better than being stupid.

The problem is, when things can get done and they don't, that's when it is upsetting.

But what things can or should have bene done that weren't? I'm drawing a pretty big blank on any moves we should have made that weren't made or still can't be made.

Preferring a different stop gap at 1B/3B doesn't really count, as its still a very short term move.

I understand not being confident in MacPhail's ability to get us above an 85-88 win team. There really is no reason to think he can do it just as there is no concrete reason to think he can't. Just a matter of speculation and opinion. But I think its pretty clear that he's as close to an ideal guy to get us to that 85-88 win level as there is. We've just basically gotta hope that he's the guy that can get us beyond that level once we're there.

Why do you think MacPhail couldn't take it further?

What evidence do you have he can?

When has he proven he can destroy a team and rebuild it into a perennial winner, especially against two financial juggernauts like Boston and New York?

Why do you think MacPhail couldn't take it further?

Because I don't see anyone falling into our laps that can put us over the top and I don't see him making a major deal to bring in more pieces, while getting rid of some of the bigger pieces in the organization.

I think this team is one TOR pitcher(in addition to what we have) and 1-2 very good bats away from being a contender and I am not sure I have confidence in AM to acquire them.

And since that is the case, we just have to hope that everyone we have comes through for us and, whether we like the talent or not, that's just an unlikely scenario...Not saying its impossible but its not likely.

Well it seems to me that you have no freaking clue as to what you are talking about.

It seems to me that you are wasting my time and it seems to me that you are taking lessons from Rshack on how to post.

I asked you a simple question: outside of Beltre and Holliday, what moves do you think should have been made?

It's a simple question.

Heck, I've agreed in the past that the jury is out about AM being able to take this team to the next level. There may come a time when higher-risk, higher-expenditure deals are required and he's too conservative to pull the trigger. I think he realizes that. My point is, what could be done right now to bump this team up? You've said it's not really about Beltre or Holliday. Then what's it about?

It's funny, I've asked this about three times and you just get more and more angry. If you're going to be disappointed, though, shouldn't you be disappointed in something - I mean, something tangible, not some miasmic disappointment in MacPhail?

Alomar, Palmiero, Belle, and Tejeda among others say hello.

Andy had nothing to do with those players.

Under AM - it's always "close but no cigar."

Actually that probably wouldn't be accurate, as I don't think we've even been "close."

I feel like realistically we should of all expected the offseason to play out as it has. The FA pool was not very deep to begin with, combine that with those that were out there did not really match what we need, and I think this is the outcome you get. So really I'm not disappointed because I saw most of these guys not getting serious looks/offers from us.

What evidence do you have he can?

When has he proven he can destroy a team and rebuild it into a perennial winner, especially against two financial juggernauts like Boston and New York?

Why do you subscribe to the theory that he's pigeonholed into the framework of which you put him on a daily basis? Why is he totally and 100% incapable of breaking that mold?

Tex didn't want to come here. Beltre didn't want to come here. Lackey didn't want to come here. Notice a trend?

You can complain all you want about AM not being aggressive enough, but I think we can all agree that AM is much smarter and much more in tune to the dynamics in the business of baseball than you are.

Why do you subscribe to the theory that he's pigeonholed into the framework of which you put him on a daily basis? Why is he totally and 100% incapable of breaking that mold?

He hasn't yet. Why should I think he's going to change?

Archived