Duke vs Maryland

Sports Guy

It's too little too late - but good to see the good Grevis show up.

Yea, he is playing well...The thing is, when he makes some shots, he looks like he is just going to shoot everytime, no matter what.

Of course, he probably feels like he has to be the one to take the shots because no one else is doing anything.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to Duke for playing as well as they did. Zoubek had the game of his life.

I will now go light myself on fire.

I laughed. This is what happens when Zoubek neglects to foul himself out - which doesn't happen often. Oh well. We'll live to fight another day.

Yeah I was working but I predicted this onslaught. MD never seems to play in Cameron indoor. Hopefully, its just a tough game that they can shrug off and move on to the next game. You win as many ACC games as you can. I dont know why Sports Guy is p****** all over this thread with Duke junk-this is a Maryland Basketball thread!

Duke was the better team today. MD missed a lot of open looks. Scheyer and Singler both played well. Duke does play good defense and they produce TOs well.

So, with all that written, it is truly a shame that Duke gets such an advantage with the refs. The stats speak for themselves.

At halftime, MD had committed 11 fouls. Duke had 4 fouls. MD shot their first free throws at 14:46 left in the 2nd half and that was on an intentional foul where Nolan Smith grabbed a jersey from behind on a break in such a way that nobody could ignore it. Duke shot 22 free throws. MD shot 11. MD didn't intentionally foul so this wasn't due to MD trying to come back.

Zoubek was called for one moving pick and one over the back. He could have been called for about 4-5 of each. The guy is an oaf. He camped in the lane on the offensive end so many times I lost count yet was never called for 3 seconds.

Duke would have won this game anyway because MD had to shoot well and they didn't, but the ACC has got a real problem with their refs IMO. None of them can ignore the location of the game anymore. MD has clearly gotten more calls at home than on the road this season so it happens for everyone, but the Duke advantage at home is just ridiculous IMO. The refs need to either get more impartial or get replaced. An inability to call things equally because you're scared of getting abused by the fans is something I don't want to see.

LOL...At least you MD fans are consistent with this bs.

Guess what..You guys sucked today..You were totally outclassed in every facet of the game...The 2 teams didn't even belong on the same court.

Bringing the refs up is a joke but typical for MD fans.

At one point in the second half, Duke had been called for 7 fouls...MD had been called for 2.

Oh and btw, if refs called moving picks with any kind of frequency, basketball games would take 5 hours to finish.

Zoubek wasn't over the back as much as he was 5-8 inches taller than everyone else around him.

LOL...At least you MD fans are consistent with this bs.

Guess what..You guys sucked today..You were totally outclassed in every facet of the game...The 2 teams didn't even belong on the same court.

Bringing the refs up is a joke but typical for MD fans.

At one point in the second half, Duke had been called for 7 fouls...MD had been called for 2.

Oh and btw, if refs called moving picks with any kind of frequency, basketball games would take 5 hours to finish.

Zoubek wasn't over the back as much as he was 5-8 inches taller than everyone else around him.

Don't lump everyone in their with your broad generalizations.

Bottom line is this:

Maryland is an okay that is going to have a tough time against teams with size and good outside shooting. They'll get in the tourney.

Duke is, once again, looking like a good but not a great team. They will never beat a physical team that can shoot. Duke can outclass lesser teams, but they aren't on the same level as the true elite teams in College Hoops.

Don't lump everyone in their with your broad generalizations.

Bottom line is this:

Maryland is an okay that is going to have a tough time against teams with size and good outside shooting. They'll get in the tourney.

Duke is, once again, looking like a good but not a great team. They will never beat a physical team that can shoot. Duke can outclass lesser teams, but they aren't on the same level as the true elite teams in College Hoops.

The thing is, outside of MAYBE Kansas, their are no elite teams this year.

That being said, I think Duke is going to have to have favorable matchups to get to the final 4 and probably to the elite 8 as well.

Archived