• Created
  • Last Reply

AL Cy - Sabathia

NL Cy - Peavy

AL MVP - ARod

NL MVP - Hanley Ramirez

AL ROY - Pedroia, I guess

NL ROY - Braun

Can't give the NL MVP to Holliday. He had a great season but I feel like most people are just looking at his hot September and going by that. There's also the Coors factor. There are a LOT of candidates for the NL but Hanley's just been doing some amazing things. Besides those two, Wright, Cabrera, Pujols, Rollins, Bonds, Howard, Utley, Chipper Jones, and Prince are all worthy of note. It's sad that Prince'll probably win cause he's definitely in the lower tier.

AL Cy - Sabathia

NL Cy - Peavy

AL MVP - ARod

NL MVP - Hanley Ramirez

AL ROY - Pedroia, I guess

NL ROY - Braun

Can't give the NL MVP to Holliday. He had a great season but I feel like most people are just looking at his hot September and going by that. There's also the Coors factor. There are a LOT of candidates for the NL but Hanley's just been doing some amazing things. Besides those two, Wright, Cabrera, Pujols, Rollins, Bonds, Howard, Utley, Chipper Jones, and Prince are all worthy of note. It's sad that Prince'll probably win cause he's definitely in the lower tier.

Dismissing the lack of being on a contending team aspect, I think it's hard to say Hanley had a better year than Wright when considering defense.

I'll go with this:

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez

NL MVP: Matt Holliday

AL CY: CC Sabathia

NL CY: Jake Peavy

AL ROY: Dustin Pedroia

NL ROY: Ryan Braun

AL Manager: Eric Wedge

NL Manager: Bob Melvin

BTW, I was watching the Phils-Nats game yesterday, and Tim McCarver made it sound as if Tulowitzki was a lock for NL ROY. My dad and I were stunned. I mean, is it not just common knowledge that Braun has had the best year? Tulowitzki has had a fantastic year, but Bran has to win hands down right? McCarver made it sound like it was an obvious vote for Tulowitzki.

Dismissing the lack of being on a contending team aspect, I think it's hard to say Hanley had a better year than Wright when considering defense.

Does Hanley play a considerably bad D? I always had the impression he was good.

I give Hanley a lot of leeway offensively for being a SS.

BTW, I was watching the Phils-Nats game yesterday, and Tim McCarver made it sound as if Tulowitzki was a lock for NL ROY. My dad and I were stunned. I mean, is it not just common knowledge that Braun has had the best year? Tulowitzki has had a fantastic year, but Bran has to win hands down right? McCarver made it sound like it was an obvious vote for Tulowitzki.

Common knowledge doesn't really come easy for McCarver...

Is anyone else excited for FireJoeMorgan? Awards season is a GOLDMINE of terrible sportswriting.

I'll go with this:

AL MVP: Alex Rodriguez

NL MVP: Matt Holliday

AL CY: CC Sabathia

NL CY: Jake Peavy

AL ROY: Dustin Pedroia

NL ROY: Ryan Braun

AL Manager: Eric Wedge

NL Manager: Bob Melvin

Well actually, after BMoron's post, I looked up their defensive zone ratings, and there's a 40 something run difference between the two. BP seems to support that as well although their ratings are very questionable. They have Troy with a 10.4 WARP3 and Braun at a 5.1. So I guess I'll have to change my vote and agree with McCarver.:eek:

I didn't realize there was such a defensive difference between the two, I recall some people saying Braun had really improved his defense.

Hanley might be the worst everyday defensive SS in baseball. Wright is one of the best defensive third basemen in baseball.

According to the zone ratings off of THT that BMoron posted about awhile ago, and went up through late August, HRam was -23, while Wright was +28. Ramirez has a bad reputation as well.

Whats Ramirez's problem on defense? Looks like he should have all the tools to be a good defensive SS. Can he not get to balls or does he have bad hands/make bad throws?

AL MVP: Rodriguez

NL MVP: Rollins

AL CY: Sabathia

NL CY: Peavy

AL ROY: Pedroia

NL ROY: Braun

AL Manager: Wedge

NL Manager: Hurdle

Archived