4/24: In Matusz We Trust

ShaneDawg85

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He didn't have trouble pitching into the late innings in the minors so I'm going to wait until everyone gets into mid season form before I start questioning their endurance.

True...it's early. But it wasn't a surprise to see him have that 5th either. Perhaps it's not an endurance thing.....but he absolutely speeds up his delivery as he gets deeper in games. And the results aren't as good.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• And Miller is not unhittable like he was early in the season.  He’s been quite human the last 2 weeks or so.  Now I’m seeing 100 mph but no 102 or 103 and the slider isn’t as wicked.   
    • They're professional. If Burnes prefers McCann, they've had an adult conversation about it. This isn't 10u where Adley's dad is going to get mad that his son isn't catching the best pitcher on the team every time he pitches. Then, poison his son against the team and move him to the Toronto Blue Jays right before they play each other again. 🙃
    • The problem with half the league making the playoffs (yes, yes, I know) is that teams that would normally figure they are out of it really aren't, for a long time. Hell, the 2022 O's were in until the last few games of the season and they were a .500'ish team.
    • You have a point.   Should be an interesting 7 weeks.
    • Agreed on all, and that's what bugs me. It's silly for anyone to think this is going to help them keep players. It's not. There's no way it's enough money to suddenly allow the Orioles to extend Gunnar or whoever. If it was a significantly amount of money that was obviously going to be going into keeping players, then sure, it's tacky and sucks, but I'd rather have a tacky, sucky blue advertising spot on their beautiful black and orange unis then lose Gunnar. But no way this is enough money to make that difference. Meanwhile the taxpayers who going to drop what, $600 million more into stadium upgrades? Plus, the optics of this being the first thing that changed under Rubenstein is not good either.  But I'm sure he'll throw some more hats out and like the Romans who got their bread, they'll cheer their new Caesar.  Personally, I'm just deeply disappointed in Rubenstein. I mistakenly thought having a billionaire as an owner would stop this Nickle and dime stuff. I was clearly wrong.  It's not that I thought he was an everyday guy, but I did think this is the exact kind of cheap BS that John Angelos would do but Rubenstein would not allow. Guess a few more piles of cash in the money bath is worth having his fans look at that fugly blue patch that doesn't match the orange and black unis at all.  
    • The Cardinals FO feels like one that would "go for it" even though their team is not good. Kinda like how we held onto all our guys a year and a half too long.
    • I wouldn't assume STL is selling anything. They are playing fairly well and are positioned for a WC with so many bad teams in the NL.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now