Too much negativism every time we lose

Frobby

You know, if you're going to post this stuff, at least know what the heck you're talking about. Go look at my post history over the past two weeks. Less than 5% of my posts have been directed toward Trea. Your percentage is BS and it paints me in a false light. I don't appreciate it.

As to your Adam Jones point, he is batting .343 over his last 9 games. http://masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2010/05/some-notes-and-a-look-ahead-to-the-kc-series.html

He has been our 3rd best hitter lately after Wiggy and Scott. So, while you're trying to give me crap, you're the one that is off base.

Thanks for the two inaccurate potshots...

The only difference between Jones and Scott right now is Jones has yet to have that big 3-5 1 HR 3 RBI game, but Jones is definitely turning it around.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your reputation as the most thin skinned poster on OH is safe. You think Jones looks good at the plate?

All but one of his hits this month have been singles...and he has a few bunt singles.

He certainly looks better and may be turning it around but he is still a ways away.

Your reputation as the most thin skinned poster on OH is safe.

Just as your reputation for being the most abrasive poster is safe. Its almost like you are looking for a fight with each post. Settle down Beavis.

All but one of his hits this month have been singles...and he has a few bunt singles.

He certainly looks better and may be turning it around but he is still a ways away.

I think the key take away about Jones at this point is that he appears to be listening to coaching and feedback and willing to change things up to get better. That's very encouraging in and of itself, but soon we'll still need to see results in the form of increased power, obviously.

As to your Adam Jones point, he is batting .343 over his last 9 games. http://masnsports.com/steve_melewski/2010/05/some-notes-and-a-look-ahead-to-the-kc-series.html

He has been our 3rd best hitter lately after Wiggy and Scott.

You think Jones looks good at the plate?

(Notice I have deleted the personal insults.) I have to agree with RZNJ that, although Jones has had a hit in 9 of his last 10 games, he's still not looking that good up there to me. But, maybe these are baby steps and eventually he'll start driving the ball. At least he's only struck out 5 times in 10 games, compared to the previous 18 games where he struck out 20 times and hit .198/.217/.296. By that yardstick, yes he's looking better.

(Notice I have deleted the personal insults.) I have to agree with RZNJ that, although Jones has had a hit in 9 of his last 10 games, he's still not looking that good up there to me. But, maybe these are baby steps and eventually he'll start driving the ball. At least he's only struck out 5 times in 10 games, compared to the previous 18 games where he struck out 20 times and hit .198/.217/.296. By that yardstick, yes he's looking better.

Wieters, Kakes, and Jones have all suddenly become singles hitters. We will not get far with the core being singles hitters. I can't believe this entire team is slumping this bad for this long, none of the coaches have been able to discover and correct the problem, and yet the coaches are still here. :scratchchinhmm: Is MacPhail going to even TRY to make this team better?

Wieters, Kakes, and Jones have all suddenly become singles hitters. We will not get far with the core being singles hitters. I can't believe this entire team is slumping this bad for this long, none of the coaches have been able to discover and correct the problem, and yet the coaches are still here. :scratchchinhmm: Is MacPhail going to even TRY to make this team better?

I think it's a tough judgment call as to how long you wait before making a change. I've pointed out several times that the O's hit terribly in April and May of 2008 and then hit the snot out of the ball from June through August. No change of personnel or coaches, it was just a matter of remaining patient. But that's not to say that being patient is the answer this time.

I think it's a tough judgment call as to how long you wait before making a change. I've pointed out several times that the O's hit terribly in April and May of 2008 and then hit the snot out of the ball from June through August. No change of personnel or coaches, it was just a matter of remaining patient. But that's not to say that being patient is the answer this time.

I don't disagree, but patience is a virtue that a 12-27 team who hasn't had a winning record in 13 years does not have. The fans are speaking very clearly that they don't approve.

I don't disagree, but patience is a virtue that a 12-27 team who hasn't had a winning record in 13 years does not have. The fans are speaking very clearly that they don't approve.

I'm not sure it should be the fans who decide. And, I think a GM has to be pretty steadfast in sticking to a long-term plan if he believes in it, regardless of how long the team has been losing.

With that said, it's hard to imagine how making some changes could make this team any worse. So, therefore, it makes sense to make some changes and hope they lead to improvement.

Archived