Givens to have surgery

Tony-OH

Delmarva SS Mychal Givens was diagnosed with a ruptured ligament and will have surgery. He's expected to be out 8-10 weeks.

This brings him back around the beginning of August at best. Tough break for the kid and the O's.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delmarva SS Mychal Givens was diagnosed with a ruptured ligament and will have surgery. He's expected to be out 8-10 weeks.

This brings him back around the beginning of August at best. Tough break for the kid and the O's.

This season really is one for the history books.

I believe the Orioles truly are snake bitten!

Pretty sure, Randy Henry, our 4th round pick is as well.

Well, of course he is!

Can we please get one minuscule piece of good news from just one aspect of the organization? Man, whoever the Os draft on Monday better watch out for falling objects.

And don't forget our 3rd pick is on the DL, too. Let the good times roll!

I swear Loewen will turn into some monster offensive force.

I had hoped our 3rd pick, Townsend, would have a good season and put himself on the map as a power prospect. Instead, the guy has been hurt all season with a bad hammy or something.

This is a really bad break for Givens, and I'm sorry to hear it. Further, if BAL does pick Machado (which all the "tuned-in" analysts seem to be sure of) Givens is going to fall behind him on the depth chart despite being three years older. I'd assume Machado would start at LoA, which means Givens is either switching positions or he's going to be extended ST and short season as a 21 yr old. This really is a disaster.

This is a really bad break for Givens, and I'm sorry to hear it. Further, if BAL does pick Machado (which all the "tuned-in" analysts seem to be sure of) Givens is going to fall behind him on the depth chart despite being three years older. I'd assume Machado would start at LoA, which means Givens is either switching positions or he's going to be extended ST and short season as a 21 yr old. This really is a disaster.

If the O's get Machado they need to move Givens to the bullpen.

Archived