Who are the overslot/tough sign guys we drafted?

We have some "tough signs" but so far I don't see any "overslots"--guys who were thought of as round 1-2 talents who have fallen significantly because of perceived salary demands, a la Arietta.

They don't necessarily have to be first- or second-round players -- just one who has slipped for one reason or another and who will take significant money to sign.

By my count the O's had about nine like that last year.

We have some "tough signs" but so far I don't see any "overslots"--guys who were thought of as round 1-2 talents who have fallen significantly because of perceived salary demands, a la Arietta.

I can't speak for you, but I honestly think many of our real-time reactions to the draft (mine included) helps to demonstrate how little most of us know about these guys. I don't think we know if there's another Cam Coffey in this bunch yet. We'll learn more in the days to follow.

I do have a sinking suspicion that this will be a cheaper 3-10 than last year and that it's a tradeoff with the Machado pick. If so, I think this board is ready to turn on AM and PA even more than they already have.

I've gathered the following quotes from various sources:

Dixon - shouldn't drop out of the third round if signable

Bywater - top three to five rounds

Sawyer and Bridwell - will need to be bought out of college commitments to UC-Riverside and Texas Tech

Shrader - projected in third to seventh round

Seems like JJ picked up quite a bit of value starting with Narron and going through to the 10th round pick Shrader.

Archived