When (If EVER) Will The Orioles Get a Hitter Like This?

Old#5fan

Vladimir Guerrero #27 DH

2010 STATS

BA HR RBI OBP SLG

.338 14 54 .367 .571

2010 FANTASY STATS

% OWN WK +/- AVG DRAFT

100.0% 0.0% 151.9

Full Name Vladimir Alvino Guerrero

Birth Date February 9, 1975

Birth Place Nizao Bani, Dominican Republic

Age 35

Weight 235 lbs.

Height 6-3

Pronounced guh-RAR-oh

Bats Right

Throws Right

Experience 14 years

Salary 2010: $5,500,000

OR EVEN ONE LIKE THIS?

Michael Young #10 3B

2010 STATS

BA HR RBI OBP SLG

.325 7 40 .374 .490

2010 FANTASY STATS

% OWN WK +/- AVG DRAFT

100.0% 0.0% 93.3

Full Name Michael Brian Young

Birth Date October 19, 1976

Birth Place Covina, CA

Age 33

Weight 200 lbs.

Height 6-1

Bats Right

Throws Right

Experience 10 years

College UC-Santa Barbara

Drafted 1997: 5th Rnd, 149th by Tor

Salary 2010: $13,174,974

Sorry, but Nick Markakis hitting 297 with three homers and 19 rbi's as your top hitter just ain't cutting it! He's a good supplemental hitter to a true masher but that's about it. :(

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For their careers, Nick has an OPS of 836..Young 801.

Nick's career OBP is 370..Young's is 350.

Nick's career slugging is 467..Young 451.

Young's career BA is 303...Nick's is 298.

Nick is better than Young and Young has had the hitters priviledge of playing in the AL's version of Coors field for much of his career.

Young is having a better year this year, with the bat right now...I stress the words right now because Nick's OPS today is better than Young's OPS was on June 8..Yes, that's right, just a few days ago. YOung's OPS has jumped 50 points since then.

So, its very easy to start threads like this when you actually ignore facts and don't look at how things really were.

So please, just stop now...You have already been made to look really poor in this thread and the deeper you dig the hole, the dumber you are going to look.

Oh and Nick is hitting 300 and has 21 RBIs...But let me guess, Thorne told you those stats this morning and you just went with it, right? :rolleyes:

For their careers, Nick has an OPS of 836..Young 801.

Nick's career OBP is 370..Young's is 350.

Nick's career slugging is 467..Young 451.

Young's career BA is 303...Nick's is 298.

Nick is better than Young and Young has had the hitters priviledge of playing in the AL's version of Coors field for much of his career.

Young is having a better year this year, with the bat right now...I stress the words right now because Nick's OPS today is better than Young's OPS was on June 8..Yes, that's right, just a few days ago. YOung's OPS has jumped 50 points since then.

So, its very easy to start threads like this when you actually ignore facts and don't look at how things really were.

So please, just stop now...You have already been made to look really poor in this thread and the deeper you dig the hole, the dumber you are going to look.

Oh and Nick is hitting 300 and has 21 RBIs...But let me guess, Thorne told you those stats this morning and you just went with it, right? :rolleyes:

Funny, how you totally fail to even mention Vlad who Markakis is always going to pale in comparison by a WIDE margin. The point that I was making is Young isn't the BEST hitter on his team. I would love to have our second best hitter be Michael Young or Markakis. That is the POINT THAT YOU TOTALLY MISSED!!!:rolleyes:

Plus, Michael Young has never hit more than 24 HR's in a season and has only averaged 17 per year over his 10 year career. He also apparently doesn't know how to drive in runs since he only has one season in which he's had more than 100 RBI's. :rolleyes:

Michael Young is one of the best overall and clutch hitters I have seen in over 40 years of following baseball so please go somwhere and take a nap. Even so, he pales in comparison to Vlad which everone chooses to ignore which was the point of this thread. If indded you are truly are old enough to recall Brooks Robinson and follow the game and were totally honest you would have to agree. Your tripe gets old.:rolleyes:

Everyone reading this thread repeat this over and over --

VLAD 5.5 million

Atkins 4.5 million - for another million we could have had Vlad instead of a bench warming waste of a uniform space. No wonder this team is dead last and equal the 62 METS!:eek::(:cussing:

Guerrero's stats in away games:

BA -- .272

OB% -- .306

SLG --.424

OPS -- .730

Young's stats in away games:

BA -- 317

OB% -- .339

SLG% -- .450

OPS -- .789

So neither one of your studs can manage an .800 OPS unless they're hitting in the Ranger's bandbox of a home park.

Everyone reading this thread repeat this over and over --

VLAD 5.5 million

Atkins 4.5 million - for another million we could have had Vlad instead of a bench warming waste of a uniform space. No wonder this team is dead last and equal the 62 METS!:eek::(:cussing:

A). VLAD doesn't play 1b...

B). gotta love the clutch argument...you've got to. Probably love Jeter too, don't you? Ortiz?

Archived